Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Operation Happiness!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Operation Happiness!  ( 7358 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : November 18, 2008, 07:53:20 AM »

OPERATION HAPPINESS 
( for Franklin-Grand Isle County residents)

If you or someone you know would enjoy receiving a Holiday Food Basket  call to register:  524 0610
from  8:30 AM- 1:30 PM   Monday Nov. 24  through Friday Nov. 28, excluding Thanksgiving day   

Pick up Date:  December 13   8:30-10:30  at the Baptist Church Building  Main St. Fairfax.

If you wish, you may call or speak to
Rev. Elizabeth
849 6588 THIS WEEK ONLY!
(11/18-11/21)
  Confidentiality is respected.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : November 18, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »

Henry              It's good to see that Operation Happiness is still continuing in Franklin County , and the process seems to be so much more improved over the 90's. Warren Hamm and Edna Chagnon deserve a ton of credit for keeping it going, rallying the communities and getting the word out to those who needed assistance. I wonder if the NHS at BFA/Fairfax is still helping out as they did years ago when Angela Senesac Baker was in school.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : November 18, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »

I believe the NHS still does.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
ansbaker
: 36

« #3 : November 18, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »

Mr. Brown -
I'm paying it forward for you!  As a board member of the Franklin/Grand Isle United Way, I'm still WAY involved with Operation Happiness.  We are doing a huge food drive at the beginning of December to collect food so we can hopefully provide more boxes during the upcoming Holiday season.   I'm grooming Gracie at the moment to continue the legacy.  Thanks for your quiet and incredibly respectful leadership in pointing me in this direction! Hope all is well!

Angela Senesac Baker
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : November 19, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

Good Morning        Thanks for the gracious compliment, Angela, but leadership can only provide a push...the real keys are the people who reach out and perform the work necessary to accomplish the tasks which, in turn, help to serve others. In this case, you and your classmates, and subsequent years of numerous BFA NHS students who followed through the years ( all of whom showed up in that chilly Armory in the the days before the actual event ) to both separate & organize the food and baskets for the project's organizers.  Warren Hamm could never get over how much energy all of you brought to the cause, the only school at that time to do so. 
I find it gratifying that you have continued to serve your Franklin County Community in several capacities, and I also greatly enjoy the contributions to this website, and to other groups around the area( i.e.,churches, agencies, fire departments,rescue squads, school boards and the like ) by former students and their parents who have not forgotten the purpose and motto of our BFA, spending time serving their community for the greater good.     It means a lot to see and hear about the tradition continuing.       By the way, Mike, are you still foolishly cheering for the Bruins ???      Dick Brown
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : November 19, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »

"By the way, Mike, are you still foolishly cheering for the Bruins "

Yes, I am. It fun to root for the Celtics again, too. And Congrats to Dustin for winning AL MVP!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: