Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  Joseph Beeman Place In North Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Joseph Beeman Place In North Fairfax  ( 3512 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 23, 2008, 08:01:53 AM »

Lots of people come to Fairfax to try and find their origins.  I received the following e-mail yesterday:

Henry A. Raymond
Fairfax, Vermont

Dear Mr. Raymond,

My wife and I recently visited the North Fairfax/Beeman Cemetery to view the graves of  several of my ancestors.  My great, great, great , great grandfather, was Joseph Beeman (Senior).  We also looked for the location of his original settlement which was described in some materials we have as being on the farm subsequently owned by Owen Campbell, east of the brick meeting house.  We located Brick Church Road near the cemetery, and we assume that is the general location of the original farm.  We later talked with a couple of people at the Fairfax Town Office, and they suggested that you might have information regarding the location of the farm.  It will likely be some time before we visit the area again, but we would like to return to explore further.  It is beautiful country and we enjoyed our stay in the Burlington area with friends who live in  Shelburne.

Any information you might have would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

David Beeman King
P.O. Box 1103
East Orleans, MA 02643

I checked the old 1857 Map to see if indeed Owen Campbell did have a place East of The Old Brick Church.  The Old Brick Church was originally on the corner at the intersection of Route 104 and Brick Church Road.

A check with Donna at The Fairfax Town Office revealed that the land belongs to Alan Barkyoumb and the house on the property may be the original house, but has been completely gutted and renovated.

« : September 23, 2008, 11:05:54 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: