Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:38:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Vermont News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Three Children Found Dead In Barre
« previous next »
: [1]
: Three Children Found Dead In Barre  ( 6816 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 26, 2005, 02:49:10 PM »

Barre, Vermont - May 26, 2005

Barre City has lost three of its' youngest citizens.

Two 11-year-old's and one 13-year-old were found dead early this morning in the jail branch river which winds around Spaulding High School. The search for the youngsters began last night around nine o'clock when the children did not come home from playing army in a nearby wooded area.

"We searched concentric circles, a mile and a half of mile from their residence hoping to find these young children, and searched through the evening and at approximately 5:45 this morning a Barre City firefighter found the gruesome discovery of young Allison Hansen," said Barre City Police Chief Trevor Whipple.

Just a few minutes later upstream, the bodies of brothers Justin and Joshua Nutbrown were found. Police believe the children were likely playing around or in the brook, which is lined with very slippery rocks.

"There will be autopsies requested, but I am fairly confident in saying it was my belief this was a tragic accident," says Whipple.

Grief counselors are on hand at the elementary school where the kids went to school. The city's mayor is asking his community to come together.

"I actually think it's harder on the children, it's both mysterious and frightening to be here and gone tomorrow."

Anson Tebbetts - Channel 3 News

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 26, 2005, 02:55:55 PM »

This story came from the Channel 3 News Web Site at:

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3395131&nav=4QcRaK81

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: