Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:00:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  Philip & Theresa Parah Of Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Philip & Theresa Parah Of Fairfax  ( 3891 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 27, 2008, 08:55:06 AM »

Ran across this old photo taken probably sometime around 1960 of Phil & Theresa Parah and their two children Chris & Phyllis:

Phil & Theresa were married back in 1937 down here at St. Luke's, however, St. Luke's at that time was a Mission of St. Anne's in Milton and Father Couture was the priest who covered the Parish from Milton.  Phil's wife Theresa died in 1985 after a long bout with breast cancer and Phil died in 1998.  Phil last lived in the home he had built at 2287 Main Street in North Fairfax.  Prior to that he had lived on various farms on The Buck Hollow Road.

Phil was a graduate of Bellows Free Academy, Fairfax in 1935 and was employed by Central Vermont Railroad for 45 years serving as a railcar inspector when he retired in 1980.  He also operated a dairy farm for 29 years.  Mr. Parah was active in town politics, serving as a representative for Fairfax in the Vermont Legislature in 1956 and 1957.  He was a Grand Juror for 25 years, chairman of the Board of Civil Authority for 20 years, and a constable and tax collector for eight years.  Mr. Parah was a member of St. Luke Church and Father Donald C. Kelley Council #10830 Knights of Columbus, in Fairfax.  He was also a member of St. Luke Choir for a number of years and I remember one Christmas, Phil played his violin along with Grace Pigeon at the organ.  He was a past master of the former Fairfax Grange #525 and former member of the Knights of Columbus in St. Albans.  Mr. Parah enjoyed playing the violin and for many years had a three-piece band.

Phil's wife Theresa was living in Grafton, Massachusetts when they were married, however to the best of my knowledge, Phil & Theresa lived here in Fairfax for the rest of their lives after they were married.
« : June 27, 2008, 08:56:37 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: