Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:43:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  more from Montpelier
« previous next »
: [1]
: more from Montpelier  ( 4188 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : April 25, 2005, 12:35:47 PM »

Thanks  to  those  who contacted me  regarding last  week's  main  topic: health care. The  bill is now on to the Senate where it  is expected to be  referred to the Health and Welfare Committee. Your input helps me to really  "represent" your ideas in Montpelier.

We are expecting to adjourn in  3-4 weeks, though I'm hoping it  will be before that.  The lack  of willingness to compromise that I observed  last week does  not serve the people of this state well, and  the sooner  we adjourn the better  for all.

Some  BFA Fairfax  highschoolers are coming to visit  the statehouse  this  week.   I  am alway  inmpressed with how well prepared Mr. Gilbert's students are!   I'm  looking forward to  seeing them.

from,  
Representative Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House  of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
cestreet
: 37

« #1 : April 26, 2005, 10:13:12 AM »

Hi Carolyn,

I really appreciate all the efforts you make to be available and to communicate with those you represent.  That's the "thanks" part.

Now, the questions part...

How did you end up voting on the health care bill?  What was your rationale?  What compromises could have been made in this case to improve the output?  I have no preconceived notions on this topic, and I'm really interested in what you think.

Thanks again,
Clarice Streets
: [1]  
« previous next »
: