Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:44:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Shepardson Hollow School Now Incorporated
« previous next »
: [1]
: Shepardson Hollow School Now Incorporated  ( 4924 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 10, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »

Shepardson Hollow School Now Incorporated

The Shepardson Hollow School, located in Fairfax, is now incorporated.  Elisabeth Kirkpatrick, M.ed., founder and director of education at the school, decided to incorporate in January of this year.  “I decided to incorporate the school so it could grow and address the needs of the community. Being incorporated makes the school ‘official’, not just day care, which we are not. I look forward to working with the board of directors, who will make decisions as to the direction of the school. We also became incorporated so we could get 501(c) (3) status with the IRS. This means we have nonprofit, tax exempt status, and will have more access to federal and state grant money. Being a nonprofit organization will allow contributions to be made, and be tax deductable.”  The school expects to receive non-profit status this Fall.

SHS’s Administrative Director Joanne Delaney sees a need. “From speaking to families in the community and to the local schools, there seems to be a need for additional structured education for preschool age children.  At this time, BFA and other town schools are not able to accommodate early education for all preschoolers.”

Shepardson Hollow School is filling that need by offering quality play based education for children ages three to five. SHS uses the web based Pre School First Program, which is a recognized program by the NEAYC, National Education Association of Young Children.  It also used in most Head Start Programs around the country. To supplement BFA’s half day Kindergarten Program, this Fall SHS will offer a play based program in the afternoons focusing on large and small group activities and lots of fun.

For more information about Shepardson Hollow School, contact Elisabeth Kirkpatrick at 849-9823 or 802-355-1792, or our Administrative Director, Joanne Delaney at 849-2432.

NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS

The Shepardson Hollow School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and other school-administered programs.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: