Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:28:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Park & Ride At Intersection Of Mcnall Rd & Route 128
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Park & Ride At Intersection Of Mcnall Rd & Route 128  ( 2132 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 08, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »

Not sure who owns that now, but back many years ago, the State of Vermont was using that little plot of land.  Commuters used to park in The Old St. Luke's Parking Lot, where The Steeple Market Parking Lot is now, until they were unable to do that any more.  I contacted Senator Richard Soule who had the Fairfax Park & Ride up and ready in a couple of days.

We never had a problem except for a few people coming in and doing wheelies and throwing the crushed stone around.  I got a broken headlight and windshield out of it, but don't know of anyone else that had problems.  In later years, the entrance was blocked as it became a gathering place for parties and groups.

I notice the entrance is now open and have seen one or two cars parked there, so the Fairfax Park & Ride must be available again.  With the price of gas, I am sure it will be beneficial to some people who can car pool.  It is in a pretty open spot, so that cars that park there at least in the daylight hours should not be burglarized to easily.

For those of you new in town, thought you might be interested in this information as to the best of my knowledge it still belongs to The State of Vermont.

Henry Raymond
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : April 08, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »

The lot belongs to the State of Vermont and has been opened for a few years now.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: