Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  BFA Sports Events
| | |-+  Summer Basketball for Girls 2008
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Summer Basketball for Girls 2008  ( 17032 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : April 07, 2008, 09:52:15 AM »

Normally returning and aspiring Varsity Girls meet during the summer to both improve and hone their skills.  Not sure what the format was in years past, but this summers will consist of a 'some practice and some scrimmaging' format.  Girls interested should be on the look out near school year's end for more information.
     Also, Coach Banach, the JV coach will be offering similiar opportunities for returning JV and incoming freshman.  "Always looking to help them improve their game.  If they're dedicated, then so will i be,"  stated Coach Banach.  He's worked with his daughteres teams and friends in years past throughout the summer.  Anyone interested feel free to contact the school for contact information or post interest here.

Probably looking to meet 3x a week - M W F Late day.
« : April 02, 2009, 06:21:10 AM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : May 13, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »

Spoke with Coach Driscoll today.  he said he'd be contacting returning Varsity Members and Incoming Freshman soon - or as soon as he can.  I'd say why wait, why chance him not getting a complete list?   if you're interested in coming out, contact Dan Banach or the BFA HS to reach Coach Driscoll OR reply here.
« : May 14, 2008, 07:56:20 AM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : May 30, 2008, 08:57:56 AM »

Update:  Coach Driscoll told me he's waiting for srpinf sports to finish up before he starts contacting players.  I've spread the word to a few players, and by all means if you're not contacted, please do not take offense as there's no real system set-up for this... yet.  If interested, keep an eye here thus you'll be aware of when it starts.

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : June 17, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »

ANOTHER UPDATE: Talk to Coach Driscoll the other day.  His classes were finishing up this week.  He was gettign ready to send something out.  AGAIN, dates, times and where will be posted here in the event not everyone who's interested get's a notice.

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #4 : June 24, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

OK, Let's ge tdown to the fun stuff.  Talked to Coach Jim and we're looking to start this coming Monday 6/30.  Not Finalized yet, but we'll look to play M W F 5:30 - 7:30 in the high school gym.  Keep an eye on this page for the confirmation.  Coach said he got as many addresses from the school as he could for Returning JV and Varsity players.  Just in case that wasn't a complete list AND to make sure we get the word out to all those interested, spread the word to anyone you know having played on the JVa team last year as well as incoming freshman. 

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #5 : June 30, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »

UPDATE:  Today was suppose to be the start of 'Summer Basketball for Girls' down at the BFA HS gym.  Unfortunately, got word this morning that due to some vacation issues, the gym has yet to be prepared and approved for use.  Hoping we get word in time for Wednesday.  I know, i Know, it stinks alright.  I know of at least 10 gilrs who've been anxiously awaiting the start.  Hopefully it's not much longer.  Will update as soon as i hear something.

NO B_BALL TODAY DUE TO READINESS ISSUES!!!!!

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #6 : June 30, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »

Coach Jim just notified me that WE WILL START this Wednesday at 5:30 in the HS gym.  We'll speak about schedules from there.

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #7 : July 02, 2008, 07:49:14 AM »

So barring some sort of sudden catastrophe, Girls B-ball starts today, in the HS gym from 5:30 - 7:30.  What to expect: some drills, some scrimmaging but most importantly - B-ball fun!

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #8 : July 03, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »

First meeting of Summer basketball for girls was great.  13 girls turned out from returning Varsity and JV to incoming freshman, to 8th grade.  Overall tone was relaxed and focused on working hard and honing skills.  I think the honing skills part will go better next week, as this session seemed to be more about dusting off the cobwebs and oiling the squeaky and rusty joints.
       Coach Jim was psyched to see the turn-out and anxious to contiue on with such numbers.  "If these girls can commit to this, commit to basketball now, WE WILL be competative next season," coach Jim said.  "We're going to scare a few teams next year." Next meeting normally would be Friday, but due to the holiday will be Monday.
« : July 08, 2008, 07:45:43 AM Loctavious »

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #9 : July 08, 2008, 07:59:57 AM »

After the end of the second session, Coach J was pretty impressed with the improvements he's seen.  Varsity Kids are working pretty hard and thus setting the tone for the rest of the group. 
         Coach Tague was down this week, joining Coach Jim, Coach Dan, and a special Guest - Clarkson University's starting Point Guard.   Certainly made for an interesting scrimmage. 
         Thus far, returning varsity has really looked good.  Definitely Need a little more work with conditioning before the season starts, but with many of the potential starters playing fall sports AND showing up to these sessions, i'm thinking we'll be ahead of the curve AGAIN this coming season.
          JV's look good too, just working with the Varsity seems to have........ open some sort of flood gate.  They're picking some new stuff up and have refined other skills.  Work ethic too, has been great.  In fact, it's been great  from the girls who've come.
           Hope to start seeing some JVA girls from last season and more incoming freshman AND MORE returning JV and Varsity!

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #10 : July 10, 2008, 08:38:58 AM »

Third session, though lighter at 8, was great.  Basic work on fundamentals as well as progressions of basic plays.  All conditioning is hidden within drills, which beats the drone of running gasers.
These sessions are great for polishing up and learning some new important skill sets.  Still looking for those incoming and returning JVA players. 

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #11 : July 18, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »

Session 4 had 7 girls on the court, unfortunately 3 went on vaca, thus the lighter numbers.  Good news is that a huge piece in next years line-up showed up - back from enaggements in another state.  By the end of session four, progress had found its way to this new player as well.  Scrimmaged a bit and was impressed with what i saw.  These kids show a willingness and to learn - not quite HUNGER to learn yet, but they're commited enough to come out - knowing it can only make them better.
Session 5 is tonight - same time same place.  Hopefully we can get some fo those kids not yet having showed up yet.

Mummy
: 280

« #12 : July 18, 2008, 02:47:06 PM »

Do you know who the 7th and 8th grade coaches are for girls basketball this year?
Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #13 : July 22, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

I do not know about the boys unfortunately.  With school out, i've been out of the loop.  I'm not sure if Gabrielle will return to coach the 7th or not, she certainly has the option to.  Marlene Carr usually coaches 8th grade for girls though.  Last i heard she wasn't going anywhere.

I actually do know that the 8th grade boys coach wil probably move on as his son will and his other son is a little younger.  He has the option to remain, but i don't think he will.

I hear that JV Soccer needs a Coach.l

Loctavious

Follow The White Rabbit

« #14 : July 22, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »

Pretty good - averaging between 5 and 10 girls a session.  Only a handful have been able to attend all if not most, but the core of girls who do come consistently have greatly improved.  It's also a pretty good workout no matter who you are.

Core girls who'll be playing for Varsity have been showing up and some diehard JV's have well too.  With a sprinkling of incoming freshman and even an 8th grader from westford.  It's really good to see these girls chosing to be as dedicated as they can be.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: