Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:42:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Burlington Free Press
« previous next »
: [1]
: Burlington Free Press  ( 4682 )
Barbara
: 270

« : April 06, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »

I want to give credit where credit is due.  I went out for my paper this morning to find the box empty.  As  I turned to go back to  the house I saw a car coming so decided to wait.  It was the person delivering the paper.  I thanked him and asked if he was one of the managers, or carriers doing double duty to cover our route.  I have discovered that the Free Press cannot get a dedicated carrier for our route from my calls on missed days.  This gentleman said that no, he worked for the Paper a year ago, and was covering on Sundays to help out.  I have to say, this is dedication to a community.  I really appreciate the effort on many peoples part to allow us to receive the home delivery option. 
Code: [Select]
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 07, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »

Well Barb, I was just going to make a comment myself before you put yours up regarding the regular delivery of the Free Press the last few weeks, however, I didn't want to jinx it.

Unfortunately this morning, I did not receive a Free Press, so went up again and sent them a note.  Don't know if they just missed me or a lot of others also.  Very difficult not to get frustrated when you walk out expecting to find the paper and there is none there, but lots of people with bigger problems than that.

Henry Raymond
dvallett
: 55

« #2 : August 04, 2008, 09:36:13 PM »

Well, we canceled ours a few weeks ago after on and off frustrations with spotty delivery. We don't miss it one bit. We probably spend as much on the Sunday NY Times now but a) we know we'll get it; b) it has more interesting news; and c) it starts fires just as easily as the Burlington Free Press!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: