Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  BFA Sports Events
| | |-+  2007-2008 JV Girls BasketBall - "The Defeat Of Enosburg - a JV Girls Statement "
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2007-2008 JV Girls BasketBall - "The Defeat Of Enosburg - a JV Girls Statement "  ( 4724 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : February 25, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »

On February 16 2008, the Junior Varsity Girls basketball team achieved a validating 47-38 win over Enosburg.  Even to anyone not having followed their season-long journey rife with obstacles, there could be felt a certain energy in the air.  Anyone lucky enough to attend were treated to a game of physical perseverance and mental resiliency.

First quarter began with nerves afflicting Fairfax, and Enosburg capitalizing on turnovers.  Enosburg took a quick 6 point lead before the Bullets called time out.  Straight out from the break though, the Bullets played with a different tone - playing solid defense and creating key turnovers.  The Bullets maintained their defensive barrage and offensive poise throughout the second quarter, going into half time up by 1.

The notable difference in this second meeting of the 2 teams was the Bullets commitment to remaining mentally in the game, thus limiting mistakes on both sides of the ball.  The third quarter proved BFA's plan was working, as the JV girls managed to go up by 10 pts at one point and ended the quarter up by 8.  4th quarter showed the true grit, determination, and sheer will of BFA as the JV girls withstood an impressive comeback by Enosburg before a double time out was called.  BFA came out from the break strong, pouncing on Enosburg nerves and forcing turnovers.  BFA converted 3 Enosburg turnovers to go up by 6 before last ditch fouling propelled the Bullets up by 9, securing the game.

"This is HUGE.  We discussed what the word PRIDE meant for us.  We talked about keeping focus for 32 minutes of basketball.  We spoke about holding the line, of refusing to ease up for any reason… about only relying on each other and no one else to win this.  It's so easy to be distracted mentally in-game - uncalled hard fouls, slight injuries, teammates level of play - so many things can affect the psychological game.  These girls CHOSE their destiny today, and would NOT be denied.  Any team that brings that kind of heart to the floor for 32 minutes, should be feared,"  Coach Dan Banach stated. 

The Junior Varsity Girls end their season 8-9 officially with a win over Richford, but were so very close in so many other  games.  With several returning fundamental players , next season holds high hopes for even more progress and successes.  Go Bullets!

Anonymous

« : March 13, 2008, 09:34:37 AM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : February 25, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »

I was there and i can vouch for the Energy of the crowd.  These girls have treated almost Every crowd to some sort of a show this season.  Even in blow-outs they managed to get some runs on the other team and confuse them on offense. 
The defense this year was scary - like a train wreck sometimes it was so wild, but it certainly served to frazzle opponents.  Enosburg was an example of how even a great team can be knocked off their mental game.  In the end it's more than a physical war out there - in the end it's a battle of nerves and wits too.  This team has had blinding rays of progress and success this season - dullened only by injuriies and simple snowballing mistakes.  "I'll be watching them next year for sure - some games were closer and more exciting than the Varsitys,"  one Game-goer stated.
« : February 26, 2008, 02:42:03 PM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: