Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:31:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Truck In River On Osgood Hill Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Truck In River On Osgood Hill Road  ( 2895 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 21, 2008, 08:46:53 AM »

Heard Fairfax & Essex called out for a pickup truck supposedly in the River on Osgood Hill Road - Not familiar with Osgood Hill Road or a River that might be in that area - Anyone have any info?  Nothing on the news or in the newspaper - It happened last night around 10 p.m.

Henry Raymond
logical
: 141

« #1 : February 21, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »

From WCAX: 

Man Rescued from River, Then Arrested

Westford, Vermont - February 21, 2008

Two good samaritans saved a man's life after his truck went into a river.

It happened Wednesday night at the intersection of Osgood Hill and Machia Hill Roads in Westford. Police say 22-year-old Trevor Matton, of Westford, crashed his truck into the river, where it started to sink. His passenger, 17-year-old Kyle Germaine of Essex, was able to get out and get help. But Matton was unconscious. Two people who witnessed the accident jumped in and pulled Matton from the icy water.

"Speed is a factor. They were coming down Machia Hill at a high rate of speed, failed to stop at the stop sign, and right thru the intersection and over the guardrail and into the river," said Senior Trooper Garry Scott of the Vermont State Police.

Both men are ok.

Matton was charged with DUI.

The truck has been removed from the water
: [1]  
« previous next »
: