Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:44:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Voting Results Today - February 26, 2005 - Fairfax, Vt
« previous next »
: [1]
: Voting Results Today - February 26, 2005 - Fairfax, Vt  ( 3991 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 26, 2005, 07:15:26 PM »

Hi All,

The following articles were approved or disapproved according to what I have indicated in red at todays Town Meeting where approximately 115 voters made the decisions for well over 2000 voters who were not in attendance:

Fairfax Town Voters approved $57,067.00 to contract the Franklin County Sheriff for a 28 hour a week 1 year contract. The contract will be a shared contract with the Town of Georgia for a total of 56 hours.  Voice vote was close so a show of hands indicated that there were 61 in favor and 51 against.

Fairfax Town Voters turned down the article for the Town of Fairfax to approve $43,950.00 to contract the Vermont State Police for a 20 hour a week 1 year contract.

Fairfax Town Voters approved the sum of $3,000.00 for the sidewalk improvement fund which has a balance of $3,853.00 as of 12/31/04. The fund will accumulate for sidewalk project approved by the Selectboard.

Fairfax Town Voters approved the sum of $9,257.00 to be distributed among a number of requests from different organizations.

Fairfax Town Voters approved the sum of $7,786.00 in support of Fairfax Rescue toward their operating expenses.

Fairfax Town Voters elected to change the Constables term of office from a one year term to a two year term.

Fairfax Town Voters elected to change the Tax Collector term of office from a one year term to a three year term.

Fairfax Town Voters authorized the Selectmen to place the tax bills in the hands of the treasurer as here to fore.

Fairfax Town Voters authorized the Treasurer to collect the taxes on real estate that is due to the Town of Fairfax, with a due date of Nov. 15, 2005.

Fairfax Town Voters authorized the Selectmen to borrow money in anticipation of property taxes for current expenses.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: