Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:22:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX FIREFIGHTERS TO RECEIVE $44,460
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX FIREFIGHTERS TO RECEIVE $44,460  ( 5784 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 24, 2004, 07:11:05 AM »

FAIRFAX FIREFIGHTERS TO RECEIVE A FEDERAL GRANT OF $44,460.00
WASHINGTON – The Fairfax Fire Department was among five in Vermont to receive grants from the Department of Homeland Security, Sen. James Jeffords (I-Vt.) announced Thursday, January 22, 2004.

The Fairfax department will be given $44,460 from the program, designed to support first responders.

“Maintaining and upgrading the equipment and service capabilities of these fire departments is crucial to the safety of their communities,” said Jeffords, a former volunteer firefighter in Shrewsbury.  The Assistance for Firefighters Grant Program is administered by the U.S. Fire Administration, part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and assists rural, urban and suburban fire departments.  These funds are used by the nation’s firefighters to increase the effectiveness of firefighting operations, firefighter health and safety programs, new fire apparatus, emergency medical service programs, and fire prevention and safety programs.

Other departments receiving grants are Rockingham ($60,930), Rutland ($104,379), Saxtons River ($39,600) and Waterbury Village ($89,280).

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : January 24, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

That's great news !
We're very fortunate to have this fine group of volunteers here in Fairfax.

It wasn't very long ago, that my wife and I woke at 2:00am and found the woods surrounding our home were on fire.

There must have been two dozen fires in different places.

Within minutes of the 911 call, dozens of volunteers were surrounding my house, walking out into the woods, extinguishing flames.

I looked back at our home, my wife was holding our baby.
We were safe.
Thanks to the Fairfax Fire Department.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: