Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:46:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The 'bupe' fix
« previous next »
: [1]
: The 'bupe' fix  ( 5379 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 25, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »

I am sure that the majority of you have no idea what "The 'bupe' fix" is - This hits close to home here in Fairfax as one of our own young men died because of it.

One individual told me who was a friend of the deceased:

"I say let them go through detox and suffer a bit and get the drug off the street!"

The individual that asked me to put this up on the forum told me they thought it would be important to get the article out there about what this drug does and the family of the deceased young man encourages people to learn about it so that is does not happen to others children.

To read about the 'bupe' fix, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 25, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »

I wasn't sure whether or not to put the name on my forum note, but as I read the article they actually mention the name - Below is the exerpt that identifies him in the article:

"Chad Bessette, a 30-year-old construction worker, was one such person.

Six feet 2 inches tall and 190 pounds, he was an adventurous young man who moved to Colorado shortly after graduating from Fairfax High School in northern Vermont to work on a ranch as a horse roper.

He returned to Vermont and worked construction during the day in Burlington, partying in the city's bars at night and crashing at his father and stepmother's house.

"Chad liked to drink. That was his thing," said his father, Art Bessette. "But when he had to work, he'd get up and go right to work."

But on the morning of April 23, 2006, after a night of heavy drinking at a bachelor party, Bessette didn't wake up.

The medical examiner initially found in Bessette's body a high level of alcohol and a muscle relaxer, cyclobenzaprine, but did not determine a cause of death. After learning from Bessette's family that he had taken someone's buprenorphine pill that night, the examiner ordered a test that detected the substance.

Bessette died from "acute intoxication - combined effects of ethanol, Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and Buprenorphine," the death certificate reads. The family wants answers from police about how their son got the pill, but state police will say only that the matter is under investigation."

Chad Bessette's obituary with photos was posted on my forum back in April 2006 - Click on the following link to view if you wish:

« : January 26, 2008, 09:35:05 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : January 25, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »

I am a strong believer that this drug must get off the streets!  If it needs to be used than they have to go to a hospital to get it each time they need it.  If that sounds like too much of a hassle, then I guess you don't really need it.  Chad died because "someone had extras", does this sound like someone responsible with their medication; I think not.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
gpdvt
: 56

« #3 : January 25, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

Yes this drug should be controled better..but lets make it clear that Chad died from taking a pill while very intoxicated. No one forced it into his system. Unfortunately, he played the odds and lost. I knew Chad and his family, and his loss was tragic for all that knew him. The best we can do for his memory is to be honest about what can happen when you play with drugs..alcohol included.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : February 09, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »

Chad and I were very close friends, we just celebrated our birthdays together a week before he died.  The fact still remains that obviously the user who had the drug can not be responsible with their medications and is known for not only swallowing the pills but snorting them as well.  Our tax dollars at work folks to provide a new high for heorin addicts and their friends in this scenario. 

I blame Chad and the person who was giving them out for what happened to him. I hope they can come to terms with it some day and be responsible for the actions they took prior to and learn from it and the lies they spread after his death. 

Nothing will bring Chad back, and unfortuantely he will never be married and have a family as I always pictured.  For those thinking he had a child post death, that is incorrect.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: