Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:38:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Johanna R. Blake - Candidate For Tax Collector
« previous next »
: [1]
: Johanna R. Blake - Candidate For Tax Collector  ( 4481 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 23, 2005, 11:38:04 AM »

RE-Elect Delinquent Tax Collector - Johanna R. Blake

Hello citizens and taxpayers of Fairfax. My name is Johanna R. Blake. I have been serving our town as Delinquent Tax Collector for nineteen years and would appreciate your continued support on March 1st.

For those who may not know me, I was born and brought up in Fairfax and have lived here all but one year of my life. I graduated from BFA Fairfax in 1974 and got married that fall. I started my banking experience in Anchorage, Alaska. After moving back to Fairfax the following year to take care of my ill parents, I became employed at Merchants Bank in Burlington from 1975 to 1982. I gained experience in loan operations and collections and was responsible for reconciliation of the bank loan portfolio. I was promoted to the Office of Assistant Treasurer of the Bank in 1981. In 1982 I left my banking career to become a full time mom. I continue to work daily beside my husband and son on our fourth generation family farm.

In 1985 I was approached to run for the position of Delinquent Tax Collector. Tile Town had acquired six years of delinquencies at the time. Within the first year after my election I brought all delinquencies 99% current. My record has been 99% or better every year since.

I feel that the delinquent taxpayer is not delinquent by choice, but by the uncontrollable circumstances that have happened in their lives. Any one of us could be a victim. For this reason, in 1994 I brought before the voters a request to remove the delinquent list from the Town Report to protect the delinquent taxpayers' privacy. The voters agreed.

For the past nineteen years, my policy has been to give whatever assistance I can to help the delinquent taxpayer overcome what seems to be an impossible situation to them. I do this while still accomplishing the difficult task of collecting past due taxes. I make myself available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. I have created many friendships throughout the years. I do this job because I truly enjoy working with the people!

On March 1st I am asking you the voters to consider my experience and record as Delinquent Tax Collector and would appreciate your continued support!

Johanna R. Blake, Delinquent Tax Collector

ENDORSEMENTS TO RE-ELECT
JOHANNA R. BLAKE

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! These are the sentiments of my family in regards to the race for Tax Collector in the Town of Fairfax. Johanna Blake has been our tax collector for 19 years. When she took over the task, we had a backlog of tax evaders that extended back over 7 years and spanned several pages of our Town Report. Today, we all know that is not the case. Johanna is conscientious, honest as the day is long, and shows no favoritism. She has a background in banking and has been doing an admirable job for our community. Won’t the Fairfax voters continue to support a quality job that is professionally accomplished? Johanna is a proven asset; let’s keep her!   
   Sal Wiggin

When Jo took over the job of tax collector a few years back, the town had a lot of back taxes; today it is one of the best in the county.   She has done a very good job without causing too much trouble.  So, lets keep her on the job by giving her our support on Town Meeting Day.
J. Maurice Boucher

I am writing this letter to support Johanna Blake for Delinquent Tax Collector. As many of you know, I became Selectman in the early 1980’s before Johanna was tax collector. At that time there were thousands of dollars on the books and many were years past due. Johanna took on this situation and was able to bring things current within a remarkably short time. She gives people time to get out of the situation that they are in, and will work with them in any way possible. She gets the job done in a timely and efficient manner.  The town has been fortunate to have a professional, organized and knowledgeable person like Johanna dedicating time and effort to this office. Her experience and record should not be overlooked.
Richard (Dick) Soule, Jr.

I have known Johanna Blake for quite a few years now as my Delinquent Tax Collector. Johanna does a wonderful job and truly enjoys what she does for the Town. She is able to help her family on their farm, while helping some of us in the community. Johanna is very professional about her job as Delinquent Tax Collector, and yet she takes us and her job “personally.” Let’s keep it this way and vote for our friend Johanna.
Corrine Gabaree

Please be advised that I am endorsing Johanna Blake for the position of Tax Collector, Town of Fairfax. She has always been professional and courteous in the past and it is difficult to believe that someone else in this position will perform his/her duties with a higher level of competency.
Andrew Bogdanowicz

I am writing this letter to express my support for Johanna Blake for re-election as our Delinquent Tax Collector.   Johanna possesses the qualities of honesty, fairness, firmness, compassion and understanding – all necessary for this position. These give us good reasons not to lose her.  We have had, for the past 19 years, a person who has done an outstanding job as Tax Collector. She has remained totally dedicated to her elected position since first elected.  If we are interested in what is best for Fairfax, we should vote for Johanna Blake and keep this dedicated and proficient person in her present position.  I am very proud to support and vote for Johanna. I hope you will do the same.
Irving Geno

Hello, my name is Jodi Tilton and my husband’s name is Jason Tilton. We have been working with Johanna Blake for about five years now.  There are so many reasons my husband and I think Johanna should remain the tax collector. First, she has 19 years of experience. She really knows how to work with people. She takes the time to call or even comes to your house and works out anything that works for you. Johanna realizes that unexpected things pop up in life and that people don’t know from one day to the next what is going to happen. Even if something does happen like this in your life, Johanna will not let you give up. She will totally be there by your side keeping your head above water without letting you fall in. Every time my husband and I made a payment she would give us a pat on the back, tell us how good we were doing and tell us we were almost there.  My husband and I really enjoy working with Johanna because she’s so good at what she does. She’s doing her job by getting the tax money but also going out of her way to make the people feel so good about themselves. In our hearts we really don’t feel like there is any one person that could fill this job the way Johanna does. If people ever took a second to get to know Johanna and be able to work with her the way my husband and I have, they would totally feel the same way.  My husband and I would now like to take the time to give Johanna a big, big thanks for sticking by us through the tough times and showing us that sticking to things really works. Johanna, if it weren’t for you we don’t know where we would be at. Thanks for your help and time. Johanna, there’s no one that could do this job like you have. Thanks again.
Jason and Jodi Tilton

(Our computer is not hooked up on line and I appreciate Henry putting this up on his forum for me.  I will be happy to answer any questions you might have via telephone at 849-6135 -- Johanna R. Blake, Delinquent Tax Collector)

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: