Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thanks FXFD
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thanks FXFD  ( 3590 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 19, 2007, 08:49:14 AM »

I heard Steve Bessette making the announcement that they would be shovelling out the fire hydrants last night, so brought my camera when I went down to 7 p.m. Mass.  After Mass, I drove around hoping to catch some guys shovelling, but every hydrant I came to was shovelled out, so headed up the Fletcher Road and the same thing there, until I got almost to Morris Lumber.  Saw the flashing lights and drove up behind the truck and got out.  Jordan Hayes and Tim Bessette were just putting their shovels in the back of the truck.  I could see Tim sweating profusely as I told them I had been looking all over town as I wanted to take a picture of them shovelling out the hydrants.  They told me that was the last one and they were all done.

So I asked them one big favor - Could they get their shovels out again and stand near that last hydrant - typical of our wonderful Fairfax Firemen, they obliged:

Thanks Jordan & Tim and the 6 other Fairfax Firemen who helped them
« : December 20, 2007, 12:00:42 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : December 21, 2007, 07:28:46 PM »

I appologize to the guys for not being able to help them shovel hydrants that evening but I had no choice as I was on Duty in the City that evening.  Great jobs guys and gals.  As I drove through town looking at your work the next morning I noticed them all to be sufficiently cleaned around. 

If any residents in town have a hydrant located on their property or in close proximity please take the time if your able to help us help you should the need arise.  Fire hydrants are as essential of a firefighting tool as the fire trucks themselves.  We try to keep up with the snow storms and monitor conditions but being there is no paid staff to do the job as required we are forced to on our meeting nights brave the elements and the dark to clear the hydrants.  If is not only a huge benefit to the fire department but perhaps a neighbor should we be required to utilize the system. 

Thank you to all the residents who did take the time to clear their hydrants as there were quite a few.  Have a safe and happy holiday season from all of us at the Fairfax Fire Dept.
« : December 21, 2007, 07:46:16 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: