Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Firemen Hold Their Awards Banquet
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Firemen Hold Their Awards Banquet  ( 3878 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 05, 2007, 10:05:44 AM »

As our first big winter storm arrived and I heard the announcement that The Fairfax Firemen were having their Awards Banquet on Tuesday, December 5, 2007, I thought then, I wonder if they can have a free evening to do this.

Sure enough last night, around 5:30 or so, weren't they called out to the Milton/Westford Cross Cut for an overturned car with entrapment.  Maryann told me, it wouldn't have made any difference when they had it, something would have happened - Fortunately, they were not there too long and returned to quarters - Mike Cain took some pictures of the different awards and has them on his web site - What a wonderful group of dedicated volunteers - Hopefully you have returned your letter asking for donations with a check to help these men and women of our Fairfax Fire Department out - If you ever have the opportunity/misfortune to have required the use of their services, it is then you will realize what a wonderful group they are.

Check out Mike Cain's web site for last night's photos:

Henry Raymond
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : December 06, 2007, 01:31:20 PM »

As Henry made everyone aware we did hold our annual Fairfax Fire Dept.  banquette Tuesday evening December 4th at the fire station.  This years banquette was extremely well attended.  Firefighters along with their spouses, children and significant others enjoyed a relaxed pot-luck style meal with the awards portion of the evening to follow. 

Firefighter Mike Cain started of the ceremony with a presentation of two fire department related icons donated to the department by the Parsons family in memory of the late Larry Parsons.  Thank you to Larry's familiy for still keeping his extended family, the fire department allways in your thoughts. 

Years of service pins were handed out to six members as follows:

5yrs - Lieutenant Jesse Fleming
5yrs - Firefighter/EMT David Bartley
5yrs - Firefighter/EMT Dan Vanslette
5yrs - Firefighter/EMT Jordan Hayes
5yrs - Firefighter/ECA Kyle Magnuson
30yrs - Safety Officer Lucien Hayes

Plaques were given to four members of the department in four categories as follows:

Community Service Award – Is to denote a member of the Fairfax Fire Dept. whom has exhibited an interest in his/her local community. Examples to include public education and fire prevention, public relations, and overall community oriented spirit.  This years award was presented to Firefigher David Yergeau

Safety Award – Is to denote a member of the Fairfax Fire Dept. whom is prepared to work and train in all appropriate dress with all safety concerns for his/her self and that of their team in mind.  This years award was presented to Firefigher Kyle Williams.

Firefighter of the Year – Is to denote a member of the Fairfax Fire Dept. whom has displayed the greatest progress in bettering his/her self for the goodness of the fire service and whom performs above normal expectations for the good of the Dept. This years award was presented to Firefighter/ECA Kyle Magnson.

Chiefs Award – Is to denote a member or non-member of the Fairfax Fire Dept. whom the Chief Officer feels made impacts to the fire dept. in ways, which substantiate the good of the department.  This years award was presented to Firefigher Steve Bessette.

I would like to personally thank all the dedicated members of the department whom make the day to day operations run as smoothly as they can.  Your countless hours of responses, training, administrative and all the other things that are required are appreciated more than can ever be expressed. 

Assistant Chief Justin Hayes

: [1]  
« previous next »
: