Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:44:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photo Of Some Of The Participants In Last Night's Thanksgiving Service
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Of Some Of The Participants In Last Night's Thanksgiving Service  ( 3300 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 19, 2007, 07:43:51 AM »

Fr. Romanus Ignweonu, Adam Benay, Saveta Saini, Deacon Stephen Ratte and Rev. Elizabeth Griffin

The Fairfax United Church was the scene of a well-attended Interfaith Community Thanksgiving Service, on Sunday evening, November 18, 2007.  Rev Elizabeth, Pastor of The United Church welcomed everyone and spoke of the importance of giving thanks, not only at this time of year, but also throughout the year.

Patti Smith, organist from the United Church and Bob Bessette and a group from St. Luke’s provided music and song for the attendees.  Adam Benay read a Hebrew Scripture in Hebrew, after which Rev. Elizabeth read it in English and Saveta Saini read Prayers from the Hindu Tradition.

Youth from St. Luke’s read PSALM 111 and the attendees responded.

Deacon Stephen Ratte read the Gospel

As is the custom, the visiting Pastor, Father Rome, gave the homily, the theme being, everything we get and have comes from God, so we need to thank him and not try to take all the credit ourselves.

Attendees brought non-perishable food for The Fairfax Food Shelf and during the singing of “Surely The Presence Of The Lord” they were brought up to the front of the Church.

After the service, everyone went down stairs to enjoy some wonderful food and take some time to chat with each other.

Many of the St. Luke’s attendees had never been in the United Church before and remarked to me how well kept up it was.  I couldn’t remember the year, but told them that it was all repainted several years ago.  I just found my photos and will share them with you of the painters painting the Old 1850 Church if you click on the following link:

« : November 19, 2007, 07:47:52 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : November 19, 2007, 08:19:58 AM »

I wish I could have been there for this event!  This is what I love about Fairfax.  The opportunity for people of different beliefs coming together to share what is special about each and every participant and religion.   My little town taught me tolerance, and love for community!  Much love and thankfulness to you all!  Thanks for the photos Henry!  You are greatly appreciated!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: