Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:13:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  LEVICK RUNNING AGAIN IN FAIRFAX
« previous next »
: [1]
: LEVICK RUNNING AGAIN IN FAIRFAX  ( 4488 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 27, 2005, 05:57:37 PM »

ST. ALBANS MESSENGER ARTICLE IN THE THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2005 ISSUE

Recently resigned clerk running for tax collector

By LEE J. KAHRS – Messenger Staff Writer

FAIRFAX – Some familiar names will be on the ballot for Town Meeting Day in Fairfax.  Former Town Clerk Tina Levick has filed a petition for delinquent tax collector against incumbent Joanna Blake. The term is for one year term.

Levick resigned as town clerk on January 1, following months of animosity and legal wrangling with the selectboard. Levick claims the selectboard, and chairman Jeff Blake in particular, conspired to force her out of office. Blake is Joanna Blake's husband.

When asked why she chose to run for town office again, Levick said she has the experience and the desire to serve the public.

"This will be my opportunity to serve the town and the people," she said. "I want to remain active in what is going on in the town. I'll have the opportunity to help the people without any interference."

Following Levick's resignation, the selectboard appointed town treasurer Donna Meunier as interim town Clerk.

Meunier has submitted a petition and is now running unopposed for  the  remaining two years of Levick's three- year term as town clerk.

Reached at the town offices Wednesday, Meunier said if elected as town clerk, she would hold a dual office of clerk/treasurer.

In order to be placed on the town ballot for Town Meeting Day, candidates for town office had until 5 p.m. Wednesday to submit a petition with at least 30 signatures to the town clerk's office.

While Town Meeting Day in Vermont is scheduled for March 1, Fairfax will hold its annual meeting Saturday. Feb. 26.

E.J. Stitely has filed a petition to run for a three-year term on the town selectboard against board chair Jeff Blake.

Judy Cleary and Joan Wotherspoon are running against each other for a two-year selectboard seat currently held by Barbara Murphy, who is not seeking re-election.

There are no other races for town offices in Fairfax. Jackie Bruning is running for auditor a three-year term vacated by Pat McNall. Karen Langelier is running for the remaining year of a three-year term held by Regina Meigs.

Jean Crary is running for re-election to a five-year term as a library trustee. Edwina Bartley is running for two years remaining of a five-year term as a library trustee.

Trevor Russell and E.J. Stitely are running for the office of first constable. Kevin Campbell is running for the office of second constable.

Jeff Loller is running for re-election to a two-year term on the Fairfax Board of School Directors. Rachel Howard is also seeking re-election to the board for another three-year term. Laurie Fisher is seeking election to the remaining year of a two-year term. Fisher was appointed last year by the board to fill a vacancy.

On the Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax (BFA) Board of Trustees, John Mitchell is seeking re-election to a five-year term. Alfred Daniels is seeking election to the board for the remaining year of a five-year term left open with the death last spring of board member Albert Rich.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: