Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:59:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Karen Langelier Officially Honored Today At St. Luke's
« previous next »
: [1]
: Karen Langelier Officially Honored Today At St. Luke's  ( 3913 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 28, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »

KAREN LANGELIER OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED TODAY, OCT 28, 2007
AS A WOMAN IN MINISTRY AT ST. LUKE'S, FAIRFAX

Left to Right - Luke, Jacob, Karen, Ben & Joe Langelier - Missing from the photo are the two older children, Josh & Kaitlin and Karen's husband Paul.

On Sunday, October 28, 2007, on behalf of The Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington, Father Rome presented Karen Langelier with a certificate recognizing this accomplishment. This recognition is to honor women whose service to their parish is remarkable; women who are understanding in the way they live their Christian life and prayer and service; women whose lives demonstrate the Gospel values.

On behalf of St. Luke Parish, Father Feltz nominated Karen for this recognition because she has demonstrated these qualities by sharing her faith with our young people and fellow parishioners in need. She shares her time on various committees, in the 9th grade religious education classroom, in assisting in the training of our altar servers, as well as serving as a Eucharistic Minister, all of which demonstrates her willingness to give of her time and talent to the parish.

Father Feltz's nomination was supported by letters submitted to the diocese from Jim and Jean Groseclose and Roberta Machia.

Karen was also presented a statue of our Blessed Mother which was blessed by Bishop Matano at the Diocesan celebration which was held last weekend.

After the presentation, the members of St. Luke Parish present gave Karen a big round of applause. Above and beyond the above and the normal duties of a mother in the home, Karen also home schools her children and assists her husband Paul in the daily work on the farm and the car wash they operate on Main Street here in Fairfax.

CONGRATULATIONS KAREN LANGELIER!!!
[/b]

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 01, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

For those of you that might be interested in a hard copy of this article, it appears in tonight's issue, Thursday, November 1, 2007 article of The St. Albans Messenger on Page 6A and includes the second photo with it.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: