Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:45:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert (Bob) Ertl dies at age 93 on Dec 4, 2022
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert (Bob) Ertl dies at age 93 on Dec 4, 2022  ( 716 )
ssweet
: 299

« : December 07, 2022, 09:17:20 AM »

Robert Dalton Ertl passed away on December 4, 2022. He was born October 31, 1929 in Freeport, NY, to William and Elizabeth Ertl. He received his B.A. from Guilford College in Greensboro, NC and a M.A. from the Hartford Seminary in Sociology in Hartford, CT. It was at Hartford Seminary where he met his wife of 66 years, Jean Smith. They were married in September of 1954 and lived in Meriden, Quaker Hill and West Suffield, Connecticut where they raised their family. Robert worked his entire career with the Connecticut Juvenile Court system as a probation officer and later as a casework supervisor. Robert and Jean retired first to Redwood, NY and later to Fairfax, VT where they spent their final 28 years together.

Robert had varied interests such as history, gardening, boating and bicycling and always had at least one dog throughout most of his life, including several rescue greyhounds.

He is survived by his two sons and their wives, Barry and Jane Ertel of Bethel, VT and David and Angela Ertl of Waukee, IA, four grandchildren, Daniel Ertel, Mariah Ertel, Alex Ertl and Christian Ertl. He is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife Jean, brother William Ertl and his wife Charlotte, sister-in-law Joan Loomis and brother-in-law Lawrence Smith.

A future service will be arranged at the convenience of the family. The family also invites you to share your memories and condolences by visiting awrichfuneralhomes.com. Donations may be made to the United Church of Fairfax, c/o Sally Sweet Treas, 44 Sweet-Slattery Road, East Fairfield, VT 05448 for their ramp project. Please put Robert's name and ramp project in the memo line.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: