Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Barbara Irish dies at age 75 on Feb 16, 2022
« previous next »
: [1]
: Barbara Irish dies at age 75 on Feb 16, 2022  ( 952 )
ssweet
: 293

« : February 19, 2022, 08:31:40 AM »

Barbara Irish, age 75, of Fairfax passed away peacefully on February 16, 2022, at Franklin County Rehab., after a long illness with Multiple Sclerosis. A native of Stamford, CT, Barbara worked many jobs over the years including Secretary to Town Clerk, Manager of the school kitchen for ARA at an elementary school in CT, and in the kitchen at JSC. The job Barbara loved most was being a devoted wife to her husband of 55 years Ron and a loving mother to her children.

Barbara loved to cook. She spent many hours with Ron cooking and peeling tomatoes for gravy, canning pickles and making jam. Making her famous nut roll at the holiday was another thing she loved to do. She always made sure everyone was fed! She had such a kind heart and never had anything bad to say or complain about. Even on the days you knew she wasn’t feeling well, if you asked her how she was she would always say “I am doing pretty good.” Barbara was a care giver at heart. Always wanting to make sure everyone had what they needed and she always put others before herself.

Barbara enjoyed the company of others and it was the joy of her life seeing her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and of course her loving husband Ron. She enjoyed playing cards with her family and later in life got great pleasure from playing BINGO with the other residents and staff at the nursing home, winning quarters or little toys that she loved to give her grandchildren. Barbara enjoyed listening to the old country songs and singing along. “Hello Walls” was a favorite and she enjoyed sharing this passion with her family during Irish family sing a-longs and later shared this with the residents and staff of the nursing home.

The Irish Family would like to thank the Staff of Franklin County Rehab for the loving care they gave to Barbara. She was in their care for over 10 years and they were also her family for whom she loved and cared deeply.

Barbara is survived by her husband Ronald “Sam” Irish, daughter Rhonda Irish Watcke and husband Michael of Berkshire, son Ronald Emery Irish II and wife Kathy of Grand Isle, son Robert Edward Irish and wife Denise of Middletown, NY, son Ralph “Skip” Howard Irish and wife Sara of Cambridge. Barbara had twelve grandchildren, April, Emily, Michelle, Michael, Cody, Savannah, Katelynn, Joseph, Noah, Chloe, Allison and Olivia and eight great grandchildren who she loved very much. She is also survived by a brother Ralph Casolo and wife Ingrid of FL, and two sisters Mary Venetucci and husband Tony of AZ, and Mildred Vecere of CT. She was predeceased by her parents Ralph and Fortunata (Vera) Casolo of Stamford, CT, and her Grandson Joseph Atkinson of Happy Valley, OR.

Visiting hours will be held Tuesday, February 22nd from 5:00 – 7:00PM at AW Rich Funeral Home, 1176 Main St
Fairfax, VT 05454.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: