Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:53:13 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gloria Ovitt-Ledoux dies at age 77
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gloria Ovitt-Ledoux dies at age 77  ( 1100 )
ssweet
: 299

« : November 09, 2021, 11:29:10 AM »

Obituary
PRINT
Fairfax - Gloria Ann (Barkyoumb) Ovitt-Ledoux, 77, died from Parkinson’s on October 28, 2021 after a long battle. She was born on June 2, 1944 to the late Kenneth and Jean (Brodeur) Barkyoumb.

She was in the loving care of her daughter Joan Sweet and her husband Kelly Sweet. Joan and her family had cared for her in their home for the last two years of her life. She was surrounded the last week of life with family and friends weaving in and out. Giving comfort while sharing memories. A Special thank you to her Bayada team, especially Heather, her nurse and Bridgette, her LNA and other staff that helped our family give her the gift of staying home. Without that support this journey could not have happened because it was difficult with her Parkinson’s. They were compassionate to the fear of COVID and helped Joan do the best job caring for her mom Gloria.

Gloria worked hard as a farmer, then started a cleaning business locally that she did for years until her health prevented her from working. But her happiest moments came from having family and friends join her at the home she shared with her late husband Albert Ledoux. Her biggest joy was being a grandmother, she always had a grandchild running around her home. She loved planting a garden and flowers in her yard with the help of Papa. They would harvest the vegetables and canning would go on all season, for yummy meals to enjoy throughout the winter. They had many apple trees and some ponds in their backyard. Where many apple were picked and pies were made with grandchildren, to spend time together through cooking. It was never about the cooking, it was the time spent together. The process of slowing down to their level and including them. Truly a recipe of love. Endless sleepovers, trips to Fairfield pond, games played, books read, tea parties with baby dolls. Swimming for hours in the pool in their backyard on hot summer days and “frogging” in the ponds, a game of catch and release. The giggles and memories, treasures shared and etched in each of their hearts. She was a great cook and made the house smell delicious every holiday, cooking from scratch with love for her family. Thanks mom for making your home welcome to all, through yummy food, a hug and a smile that was the greatest gift of all.

She is survived by her 4 children Samual Ovitt, Carol Jordan, Robert Ovitt Jr. of Fairfax and Joan Sweet, her husband Kelly Sweet of Fletcher and the father of her children Robert Ovitt of Fairfax, 10 grandchildren Joshua, Jessica, Kyle, Kaitlin, Brittany, Danielle, Kody, Jacob, Kole and Jarrett, 5 Great grandchildren Ryleigh, Nicholas, Jayleigh, Raelynn and Aubrey. Other family members: Tim, Jessie, Hannah and Cary, Bruce and Paula and The Ledoux family near and far. Her siblings, Janet Yandow and husband Roger of Essex, Betty Severance of Sheldon, Linda Matthieu husband Richard of Westford, brother Kenny Barkyoumb Jr. of Bolton, Brenda Barkyoumb of Fairfax, Debbie Irish and husband Mark of Fairfax , Susan Corse and husband Doug of Fairfax and their families. Special Family on Ovitt side Barb Sargent, Beverly Sargent, JoAnne Godin, Rick Ovitt and their families.

Being a full time caregiver is a hard job and I want to thank my sister Carol for the times she came and helped, my Aunt Betty when I had surgery and for the constant phone calls from Brenda and Betty it made mom happy. To special friend Debbie who called often and her cousin Bruce who really helped the both of us upon the passing of her sister Sandy. Mom was so sad she couldn’t go to the services but you came and sat with her for part of the day, it melted her heart. You made her laugh and remember all the good times those sisters have shared.

It was a tough time with Parkinson’s and the passing of her sister Sandy Cutting from Cancer just weeks before. Her siblings share a special bond, the last few years have been very hard health wise for several of them. They support one another with grace and love. Many people reached out with love and support these last few weeks, Thank you.

Gloria was predeceased by her husband Albert Ledoux, her Parents Kenneth and Jean (Brodeur) Barkyoumb, Orman and Ivy Ovitt, Brother Francis Barkyoumb and wife Carol, Nephew Brian Barkyoumb, Sister Sandra Cutting and husband Ron, Nephew Jim Cutting, Brothers-in-law John Severance, Ike Irish and Sue Cota

Please join us at The Inn at Grace Farm, 117 Highbridge Rd, 104A, Fairfax, VT 05454. for a Celebration of Life for Gloria to honor her memory on November 13, 2021 from 12-3 pm with a service at noon with Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating followed by family members speaking and then we will enjoy memories shared by all that gather. Followed by baked goods (she loved to share) with tea and coffee. May your heart be warmed by memories.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: