Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Michael Sullivan dies at age 73 from Wilkins Rd here in Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Michael Sullivan dies at age 73 from Wilkins Rd here in Fairfax  ( 1072 )
ssweet
: 293

« : October 19, 2021, 09:03:50 PM »

Michael Robert Sullivan, 73 of Fairfax, VT passed away at Northwestern Medical Center St. Albans, VT on October 12th 2021.

Michael leaves behind his spouse Ann Sullivan of 46 years. Daughter Erin and spouse Sean Murphy and their children Madison and Teagan. Son Sean Sullivan. Daughter Shannon Sullivan and friend Lucas Ramos and their children Layla and Damien. Michael is predeceased by his parents Arthur and Janet Sullivan and his brother Greg Sullivan.

Michael was born on July 16th 1948 to Arthur and Janet Sullivan in Cambridge Massachusetts. He graduated from Norwood, MA High school in 1966 and from the stories we were told he enjoyed many childhood adventures. He Joined the Army on March 5th 1968 and proudly served his country until March 4th 1974. Michael served in the Vietnam War from October 23rd 1969 to October 16th 1970 with the 336 AVN CO (T-Birds). Michael married Ann on January 11th 1975. He received a Bachelor of Science from UMASS in May of 1976. Michael and Ann moved to Vermont in 1977. He then attended UVM and received a Masters in Business Administration in May of 1989.

Michael was a jack of all trades, whether it was completely redoing the house that we grew up in, to fixing the cars we drove. He truly enjoyed working with his hands and was so proud of his accomplishments.

Michael truly loved his community and participated in many community events and town meetings. He served his community as the president of the school board for many years.

In 2002 Michael attended a 336 reunion which ignited a passion to reconnect with his fellow veterans. He became active in helping to coordinate more reunions and enjoyed his time with them. When another reunion came time you could see his smile for days. Michael found a new passion about 10 years ago when he joined the VFW in Essex Junction. He loved the comradery and he loved helping out his fellow veterans.
Michael was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He will be truly missed.

Memorial contributions in Michael Sullivan’s memory may be made to the VFW Post #6689, 76 Pearl St, Essex Junction VT 05452.

There will be a Celebration of life held at the VFW in Essex Junction on October 30th from 1 to 4.

There will be a private inurnment for Michael at the Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Randolph, VT.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: