Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:00:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Become a Library Trustee at the Fairfax Community Library
« previous next »
: [1]
: Become a Library Trustee at the Fairfax Community Library  ( 1368 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : November 30, 2020, 10:47:08 AM »

The library has two openings on the Board of Trustees in 2021. If you are a Fairfax resident and interested in public service, please consider becoming a Library Trustee.

A Library Trustee serves on a five-member board to provide support for the library’s mission. Responsibilities include advocacy, directing the library’s funds and policies, hiring, evaluating and supporting the library director, participating at Board meetings, and occasionally sharing tasks between meetings.
Trustee meetings are generally once every other month. Because our community and school libraries share the same space and mutual interests, representatives from the Board of Trustees also attend two Joint Committee meetings a year, consisting of school, public library, and town Select Board representatives.

Library Trustees serve for three years. If you wish to be on the ballot on the Fairfax Town Meeting Day 2021 for one of two open positions, obtain a petition at the Fairfax Town Office as soon as possible and submit it to the Town Clerk with the required information in late January, 2021. For more information, contact Lisa Griswold at grisvt15@gmail.com.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: