Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:45:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tim Combs Class of 1989 dies at age 49 unexpectedly
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tim Combs Class of 1989 dies at age 49 unexpectedly  ( 2083 )
ssweet
: 293

« : November 09, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »

Obituary of Timothy Stuart Combs
Fairfax – Timothy Stuart Combs, 49, died unexpectedly at his home due to a medical condition. 

Tim was born on January 29, 1971, in St. Albans, the son of Stuart and Karen (Montgomery) Combs. He graduated high school from Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax in 1989, where he met the love of his life, Kimberly.  Tim played baseball, basketball, and soccer in high school and always claimed he only played soccer because there was no football! On June 20, 1992, Tim married his middle school sweetheart, Kimberly Delorme.  They soon settled back in Fairfax, where they raised their children. The love Tim had for his family was undeniable, his wife Kim and children Alexis and Kyle were his world. 

Tim loved sports of any kind; but baseball, basketball, and football were his favorites. Not only did he have a love for these sports but a true passion for coaching. Tim was so proud to coach his son and be part of the staff that celebrated two state championship baseball teams. His love for sports did not end on the field, he was a basketball referee and baseball umpire, and was always known for having his multiple “extra sons” at the house at any given time in or out of season. There was often a group of kids at the Combs house to watch a game, play video games, share a meal, or simply to drop by and hang out.  Tim also loved watching the Boston Red Sox, Dallas Cowboys, the Georgia Bulldogs, and NASCAR, and could talk sports trivia for hours, which he preferred to do from his favorite recliner or a good friends’ garage. 

Aside from his interest in sports, he loved his job at Leader Evaporator where he worked for eight years. Leader was not just a workplace for Tim, the many hours he spent on the road traveling to New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky gave him the opportunity to bond with his customers and he considered them close friends and family. 

Tim will be dearly and forever missed by his family.  By his wife of over 28 years, Kimberly Combs of Fairfax, and their children Alexis Combs and partner Colin Menard of Fairfield and Kyle Combs of Fairfax, by his mother and father Karen and Stuart Combs of Swanton, his mother-in-law Elaine Delorme of Fairfax, his sister Julie Holcomb and her husband Chris of St. Albans and their children Ryan, Luke and Sophia; his sister-in-law Lindy Delorme Carpenter and her husband John of Fairfax, and their children Austen and Chace, and by a wealth of friends and family both near and far.

Tim was predeceased by his grandparents Frederick and Janice Montgomery and Carmi and Annette Combs, and his father-in-law Kenneth Delorme.

For those who wish, memorial contributions in Tim’s memory may be made to “BFA Fairfax Athletics”, 75 Hunt Street, Fairfax, Vermont 05454, and funds will be used in ways to best preserve his memory and love of sports for young athletes.

Visiting hours will be held on Friday, November 13, 2020, from 4-7 pm at the Minor Funeral Home in Milton.  A prayer service will be held at 7 pm. There will be no indoor funeral service, however, Tim’s graveside service will be held on Saturday, November 14, 2020, at 11 am at the Fairfax Plains Cemetery located on McNall Road in Fairfax.  For those who wish, online condolences may be made to www.minorfh.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : November 11, 2020, 11:28:00 AM »

Tim was a close friend growing up.  My family is so sad to hear of his unexpected passing.  I will always treasure our memories and sending prayers, love and strength to Kim, Lexi, and Kyle, Stuart & Kiki (Karen). ~ Mary Kay Raymond

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: