Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:33:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier week 5 of Reconvened 2020 Session
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier week 5 of Reconvened 2020 Session  ( 2011 )
Barbara
: 270

« : September 25, 2020, 06:25:16 PM »

A token session held Monday allowed for the rapid movement of bills and positioned the General Assembly to close the 2020 Session on Friday. Throughout the week rules were suspended to facilitate the exchange of action on bills between chambers and message completion of bills to the Governor. The bills that crossed the finish line this week included S.352 an act relating to making certain amendments to the Front-Line Employees Hazard Pay Grant Program, S.354 an act relating to using Australian ballot for municipal meetings in the year 2021, S.24 an act relating to a report on racial equity and bias in the Department of Corrections, S.119 an act relating to a statewide use of deadly force policy for law enforcement, H.607 an act relating to increasing the supply of nurses and primary care providers in Vermont, H.673 an act relating to tree wardens, H.833 an act relating to surface water diversions and financial surety requirements for holding tanks, H.611 an act relating to Older Vermonters Act, H.926 an act relating to changes to Act 250 and last but not least H.969 an relating to making provisions for the support of government. The Committee of Conference on H969 did yeomen’s work ironing out the differences between the House and Senate versions. These differences were in both language and money. The Report of the Committee was accepted in both chambers and is available through this link:  https://legislature.vermont.gov/Documents/2020/Docs/CALENDAR/sc200925a.pdf                                  HR24 House resolution expressing sincere appreciation for the extraordinary legislative staff support provided during the COVID-19 pandemic passed Friday with full support as did JRS65 Joint resolution relating to final adjournment of the General Assembly in 2020. The gavel fell at 6:33 PM Friday on Vermont General Assembly’s 2020 session after the Governor’s address and member’s farewell speeches.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: