Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:54:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier week 3 of Reconvened Session 2020
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier week 3 of Reconvened Session 2020  ( 1360 )
Barbara
: 270

« : September 11, 2020, 03:50:50 PM »

The House concurred with the Senate in adopting two joint resolutions this week; JRS 62 the weekend adjournment resolution and JRS 63 a resolution scheduling the Joint Assembly vote on the retention of six Superior Judges. This vote has been scheduled and postponed and needs to occur during the 2020 Adjourned Session of the General Assembly. The Joint Assembly will be held on Monday, September 14 at 5 P.M. and available to view via a link on https://legislature.vermont.gov/ as are the House, Senate and Committee sessions.
H.969, the Budget Bill was voted out of Appropriations on Tuesday and as it makes its way through the legislative process will set the timeline for ending the 2020 Session. The final vote was on Friday but during the week action was taken on several other bills. H.968, an act relating to the Vermont Coronavirus Economic Stimulus Equity Program passed, offering eligible Vermonters who were deemed ineligible to receive the CARES Act stimulus payment the ability to be awarded grant payments. S.187 an act relating to transient occupancy for health care treatment and recovery passed in concurrence with proposal of amendment to move the effective date to ‘on passage’. The Senate proposal of amendment to H.578 an act relating to proof of financial responsibility and H.688 an act relating to addressing climate change were agreed to. Three roll calls were requested this week. One was on H.688 and the vote was 102 yeas to 45 nays. A common concern stated by members who requested to explain their vote was that the Legislature was ceding its authority to the Vermont Climate Council being created. The bill states that the “General Assembly may repeal, revise, or modify any rule or amendment to any rule, and its action shall not be abridged, enlarged, or modified by subsequent rule.” The second and third Roll Call for the week was on H.969 .The result was 140 yeas to 4 nays to allow a third reading, and on an amendment to appropriate funds set aside for H.688 should it pass, the vote was 100 yeas to 42 nays.  H.969 an act relating to making appropriations for the support of government will provide “steady state” funding for FY21 and leaves reserves in place for use by the next General Assembly to mitigate the potential revenue needs of FY22.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: