Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:57:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier week 2 of Reconvened Session 2020
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier week 2 of Reconvened Session 2020  ( 1354 )
Barbara
: 270

« : September 04, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »

Tuesday the House took up S.233 an act relating to uniform licensing standards for its third reading and it passed in concurrence with proposal of amendment. Other floor action this week included debate on S.337 an act relating to energy efficiency entities and programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the thermal energy and transportation sectors before it passed in concurrence with the Senate and H.683 an act relating to the protection of migratory birds was passed on a vote to concur in the Senate proposal of amendment with a further amendment. The further amendment tidied up the effective date to be on passage rather than retroactive to July 1, 2020. Three bills were taken up to allow the committees of jurisdiction to be relieved of them and have them committed to others and J.R.S.61 was passed to allow weekend adjournment.
The Transportation committee continued to review the applicable portions of the Governor’s recommended FY21 Restatement budget and draft a recommendation to House Appropriations. Appropriations determined the General Funds that had been proposed to be used were able to be swapped out for COVID-19 funds. This allowed the Transportation committee to work on the prioritization of budget changes proposed from the first quarter bill. Changes were made to the Governor’s recommended to restore a few of the General Assembly’s original allocations from July. Testimony was taken from a representative for Vermont League of Cities and Towns that supported a recommended one year suspension of two of the annual grant programs and in their place a supplemental payment through the General Town Highway Aid program to all. Additional funds are also being allocated to the Paving and Leveling program and for a DMV IT modernization project. Thursday afternoon the committee agreed on a recommendation and it was accepted by Appropriations.
« : September 11, 2020, 09:28:35 AM Barbara »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: