Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:00:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier week 1 of Reconvened Session 2020
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier week 1 of Reconvened Session 2020  ( 1400 )
Barbara
: 270

« : August 28, 2020, 02:47:32 PM »

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mitzi Johnson brought down the gavel to reconvene the 2020 session Tuesday morning. H.R. 23 was passed to extend the state of emergency to September 30 which allows members to continue to work and vote remotely. Other actions taken during floor time this week included the introduction of H.967 an act relating to the provision of child care at family child care homes during remote learning days. Action on this bill was permitted through the suspension of rules voted Friday which also were suspended to permit it to be messaged directly to the Senate after passing the House. A strike all amendment to S.233 an act relating to uniform licensing standards was offered and passed. The bill supports reciprocal endorsement of military and other U. S. jurisdiction's licensure held by Vermont residents across several fields of employment. J.R.S. 60, a joint resolution relating to weekend adjournment was passed to permit the body to adjourn and meet again no later than Tuesday, September 1.
The Transportation committee took testimony from Secretary Flynn and members of the Agency of Transportation on the agency’s portions of the Governor’s recommended FY21 budget restatement. The new revenue projections did provide for an uptick in the anticipated revenues from what was forecast in June, but there is still a deficit in what was the January forecast. The stand out challenge seen by the committee is that the Governor has recommended the use of $7.2 General Fund dollars to support the recommended budget and that is not tenable. The Appropriations Committee has made it clear that the Transportation budget must be balanced within the dedicated funding sources. The committee will look to resolve any differences between the recommended budget and the priorities of the legislature by the end of next week. The work of the reconvened session is on a fast track.
« : September 11, 2020, 09:29:23 AM Barbara »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: