Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Judy Kay Rickert, BFA Class of 1978 dies
« previous next »
: [1]
: Judy Kay Rickert, BFA Class of 1978 dies  ( 1468 )
ssweet
: 293

« : August 17, 2020, 07:35:05 AM »

Obituary of Judy Kay Rickert

Enosburg Falls - Judy Kay Rickert, 59, died unexpectedly on Friday August 14, 2020 at the Northwestern Medical Center in St. Albans.

Judy was born on December 13, 1960 in Burlington, the daughter of Ronald and Virginia (Jennings) Rickert. She attended schools in Richmond, and while at Camels Hump School she once held the school record in the 100-yard dash.
She graduated from BFA Fairfax in 1978, where she also excelled in sports.  Judy worked in the family busy early on as a mason tender with Rickert & Sons Masonry as well as working as a tool room operator at IBM in Essex Jct. before starting work at Harrington’s of Vermont in Richmond in 1992, where she remained for many years.

Wherever you look throughout her history, there is one theme that comes to the forefront more often than not – her free spirit – energy, passion, creativity, love and laughter.  As her family grew she fell in love with her grandchildren, who affectionately named her “Nina.” Judy was very artistic and creative, making her children and grandchildren’s Halloween costumes and crafting quilts for family members.  She was an avid follower of the New York Yankees and the New York Giants, and was a huge Elvis fan. 

She is survived by her daughter Danielle Gilbeau of Enosburgh Falls, her son Adam Gilbeau of So. Burlington, her grandchildren Christopher, Brianna, Jayden, and Marissa, her mother Virginia Morgan of So. Burlington, her brothers Ronald Rickert and his wife Debbie of S.C., and William Rickert and his wife Cindy of Fairfax and by her sisters Tamara Rickert of So. Burlington and her partner Michael Giroux of Hinesburg, and Tina Hagen and her husband John of Montpelier. 

Judy was predeceased by her father Ronald Rickert Sr. in 2002, and by her step father George Morgan Jr. in 2020.

There will be no services at this time, however, a celebration of her life will be held at a later date.

For those who wish, online condolences may be made to www.minorfh.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: