Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:04:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 Overtime week 6
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 Overtime week 6  ( 1690 )
Barbara
: 270

« : June 26, 2020, 07:57:36 PM »

The goal for the week has been to adjourn the General Assembly on Friday to meet again August 25th. That meant a fast and furious pace of Bill action and frequent suspension of rules to allow the same all week. HR 22 House Resolution allowing for the House of Representatives to vote remotely to extend the House Declaration of Emergency was taken up and passed in preparation of the August return.
Numerous Bills were passed with amendments being proposed or concurred with between the House and Senate. Agreement was reached between the House and Senate on many and the August return provides the opportunity to continue debate on others. Legislation was passed to set the groundwork for the Administration to spend the COVID-19 funds and operate Government through the first quarter of FY2021 which starts Wednesday. The remainder of the budget will be drafted after the August revenue forecasts are in.
The gavel fell on the virtual Floor at 8:43PM placing the session in temporary adjournment.

I offer my deep gratitude to each and every one of you who are being cautious in contact but taking care of and serving our community.  I can be reached at  bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545.

Use  the following link for the most current updates to the Governor’s Be Smart, Stay Safe Order
https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19  The Northwest Regional Planning Commission has an extensive listing of informative links as well      https://www.nrpcvt.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: