Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:01:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 overtime week 4
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 overtime week 4  ( 1491 )
Barbara
: 270

« : June 12, 2020, 03:02:48 PM »

The week started with the completion of the passage of H.961 an act relating to making first quarter fiscal year 2021 Appropriations for the support of State government, Federal Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) appropriations , pay act appropriations and other fiscal requirements for the first part of the fiscal year. The bill was taken up and amended to include a section that creates and directs a select committee on the future of public higher education in Vermont. Discussion as to the inclusion of students identified that several of the categories for selecting the 22 members permitted the person selected to be a Vermont State College student but there was not a space reserved specifically. After the third reading of the bill further debate ensued over the request to offer an amendment specifying a student from each of the Vermont State Colleges would be seated on the committee. The House rules don’t permit offering amendments after a bill has been read a third time without a vote on that request. The vote was asked to be taken by roll call and was “decided in the negative” Yeas 73, Nays 74. The bill was passed as originally amended.
Other bills passed this week and ready for Senate response include H.960 an act relating to miscellaneous health care provisions, S.301 an act relating to miscellaneous telecommunications changes and S.128 an act relating to physician assistant licensure. Bills passed by the House in concurrence with the Senate were S.338 an act relating to justice reinvestment, S.350 an act relating to creating emergency economic recovery grants and S.348 an act relating to temporary elections procedures in the year 2020. Two amendments proposed to S.348 were decided in the negative by roll calls after substantial debate. They both addressed a concern that the collection or return of ballots by a candidate in the election should not be permitted. If the Secretary of State does order or permit the mailing of 2020 General Election ballots to all registered voters the mailing will include a stamped pre-addressed envelope for ease of return. The final vote to pass in concurrence was decided by a roll call vote of Yeas 115, Nays 29.
The House Transportation Committee completed its work on S.339 an act relating to miscellaneous changes to laws related to vehicles and will present it on the Floor next week. Any schedule for further  committee meetings will be based on a need to respond to Senate amendments to either this bill or H.942 the T-Bill. That response may also be handled by a Committee of Conference rather than the full committee.

Use  the following link for the most current updates to the Governor’s Be Smart, Stay Safe Order
https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19

I offer my deep gratitude to each and every one of you who are being cautious in contact but taking care of and serving our community.  I can be reached at  bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545
: [1]  
« previous next »
: