Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:04:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 overtime week 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 overtime week 3  ( 1490 )
Barbara
: 270

« : June 05, 2020, 03:13:29 PM »

The House Transportation committee heard from Legislative and Joint Fiscal Office members on the sections of the FY21 first quarter Big Bill during committee sessions. On Friday this bill was presented on the Floor as H.961, an act relating to making first quarter fiscal year 2021 appropriations for the support of State government, federal Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Appropriations, pay act Appropriations, and other fiscal requirements for the first part of the fiscal year. The Transportation committee had concerns in regards to the allocation for Town Highway formula aid. The Appropriations committee considered and accepted the language drafted to ensure municipalities would get the first quarterly payment in the amount that was statutorily proscribed. Towns receive a formula driven amount from the State for their Highway budgets and plan accordingly.
S.339, the miscellaneous DMV bill continues to be reviewed by the Transportation committee. Time constraints pose a challenge to the ability to receive sufficient testimony on some sections and there is work being done to offer expanded language for others. The committee has taken testimony from the Agency on the bill and heard from outside witnesses as well. The Committee has been asked to move recommendations on Transportation specific expenditures for CRF phase 1 spending and S.339  by Wednesday and Friday respectively, of next week.
This week’s Wednesday and Friday House Floor sessions saw action on five bills in addition to H.961. H.959 an act relating to education property tax came to the Floor last Friday with language that was permissive to future deficits. Wednesday it was amended to limit the language that addressed a potential deficit and the intent to address it to the fiscal year 2021. After much debate on other amendments that were refused on Roll Call votes the bill passed and was messaged to the Senate. H.716  an act relating to Abenaki hunting and fishing licenses, S.347 an act relating to suspension of time frames for civil license suspension hearings for certain DUI offenses and H.948 an act relating to temporary municipal proceedings provisions in response to the COVID-19 outbreak all passed the House and the actions were messaged to the Senate. Third reading was ordered for H.960 an act relating to miscellaneous health care provisions with an amendment to section 5 that clarifies intent language for conditions of state funding for the Brattleboro retreat.

Use  the following link for the most current updates to the Governor’s Be Smart, Stay Safe Order
https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19

I offer my deep gratitude to each and every one of you who are being cautious in contact but taking care of and serving our community.  I can be reached at  bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545
: [1]  
« previous next »
: