Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:30:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 Overtime week 1
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 Overtime week 1  ( 1581 )
Barbara
: 270

« : May 22, 2020, 03:44:40 PM »

Friday afternoon the House Transportation committee finalized a Strike-All amendment for H942, an act relating to the Transportation Program and miscellaneous changes to laws related to transportation. The committee bill had been voted out and placed on the Calendar for notice on March 24. The amendment allows the committee to offer changes required in response to the  COVID-19 crisis. On a 11-0-0 vote the committee support the new language. After a review by House Appropriations the amendment will be placed on the Calendar for action.
During House Floor sessions Wednesday and Friday action was taken on H673 an act relating to tree wardens, H953 an act relating to fiscal year 2020 supplemental budget adjustments, H954 an act relating to miscellaneous tax provisions, S255 an act relating to captive insurance and H 957 an act relating to extending the deadline to test for lead in the drinking water of school buildings. A motion was made and accepted by the members to message the action on several of these Bills to the Senate. This allows the statutory waiting periods to be overridden.
H955, an act relating to capital construction and State bonding budget adjustment was taken up by the House Friday for second read and was voted on to third read for next week. Section 22 clarifies the legal description of a Vermont owned parcel of land on the Monocacy National Battlefield Park which was transferred to the United States National Park Service by Act 42 of 2019. It seems appropriate this Memorial Day weekend to bring attention to the Monument on this parcel of land. It was dedicated in 1915 to honor the 10th Vermont Infantry Regiment. A tablet on the granite monolith is inscribed:
“This monument was erected by the STATE OF VERMONT to designate the position of the TENTH VERMONT INFANTRY during the battle fought here on the ninth day of July 1864 to save Washington, ‘and we saved it.’ Seven companies occupied the Washington Pike, while three companies occupied the Buckeystown Road opposite the Thomas House. 1915” Franklin county’s past Senator Carolyn Branagan was known to share just such items of Vermont history during her years as a Representative in the Vermont State House.
As Vermonters return to their summer homes they are directed to read the COVID-19 guidelines at:  https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/coronavirus-covid-19
I offer my deep gratitude to each and every one of you who are being cautious in contact but taking care of and serving our community.  I can be reached at  bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545
: [1]  
« previous next »
: