Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:10:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 COVID-19 break week 8
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 COVID-19 break week 8  ( 1498 )
Barbara
: 270

« : May 08, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »

The Friday House session closed with remarks by the Representative of Williamstown which the Body voted to be Journalized. Representative Graham, the last Seated dairy farmer stated, “ The end of a very long-standing tradition probably dating back to the creation of the House of Representatives as on May 2, 2020 there is no longer an active Dairy Farmer serving in State legislature.”  A moment to be acknowledged in the history of the government of Vermont.
H.947 an act relating to temporary municipal tax rate provisions in response to COVID-19, H.948 an act relating to temporary municipal proceedings provisions in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and H.950 an act relating to allowing remote witnesses for advance directives for a limited period of time in response to the COVID-19 pandemic were all taken up for action. H. 947 and H.950 were moved through all stages of passage and messaged to the Senate. Concerns brought up in debate and a member’s intent to have an amendment to H.948 drafted were reasons to not request Rules be suspended to move it more rapidly through the process. The third reading was ordered and it has been placed on the Action calendar.
The House Transportation committee met for three Zoom sessions this week. Documents on the website support the recommendations by the Agency for the Supplemental Budget Amendment and the potential adjustments to make to fill the forecasted FY20 budget deficit for the Transportation and Transportation Infrastructure Bond funds. There are still many variables and unknowns as to the amount of Federal Funding and F.E.M.A. dollars that may be used to cover Transportation costs incurred by the COVID-19 response. Testimony was taken from the Chief Engineer for the AOT Highway division that the annual district leveling is likely to be a casualty to the crisis. The plan is to get out and perform ‘enhanced pothole patching’ but there is no funding for the traditional program. Other programs that are funded by state funds solely, as opposed to drawing down Federal matching dollars are also at risk of being put on hold this year. It was clarified that commitments that have been made to a municipality’s projects in prior years but not yet complete will be honored.
Addendum 13 to Executive Order 01-20 from Governor Scott was issued Wednesday and loosens up some of the earlier guidelines of Stay Home Stay Safe. Outdoor recreation activities that offer low or no direct physical contact may begin, subject to compliance with health and safety guidelines.  https://governor.vermont.gov/sites/scott/files/documents/ADDENDUM%2013%20TO%20EXECUTIVE%20ORDER%2001-20.pdf  At his press conference on Friday information for the opening of childcare and summer camps was introduced. More details will be forthcoming next week. For the most current guidelines and information on the COVID-19 crisis visit:    https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/coronavirus-covid-19

I offer my deep gratitude to each and every one of you who are being cautious in contact but taking care of and serving our community. My contact information is bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545
: [1]  
« previous next »
: