Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:18:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Richard Brandt, dies at age 92
« previous next »
: [1]
: Richard Brandt, dies at age 92  ( 2278 )
ssweet
: 299

« : May 08, 2020, 08:00:26 AM »

Obituary of Richard F. Brandt
Fairfax – Richard F. Brandt, 92, died peacefully Saturday May 2, 2020 at the Franklin County Rehabilitation Center in St. Albans surrounded by his loving family.
He was born on April 12, 1928 in Syracuse, NY, the son of Albert and Margaret (Dix) Brandt. He served in the Korean War with the Oklahoma National Guard. Once returning home he worked for the Sealtest Ice Cream Co. where he met Phyllis Carter the love of his life.  They were married on February 20th, 1954 at the Cathedral in Burlington.
He was employed by the Post Office in Syracuse for over 30 years, retiring as the Area Maintenance Manager. After his retirement he became a member of the St. Albans and Fairfax Council of the Knights of Columbus and a Fourth Degree Knight.   
Dick leaves behind his children Susan Brennan of St. Albans, Charles Brandt and his wife Ruth McIntosh-Brandt of VA and hunting buddy Laurie Brandt of Fairfax.  He is survived by his grandchildren John Brennan, Morgan Marnell and Evan Marnell, by his brother Bill Brandt of FL and sisters Margie Gunn of FL. and Irene Williamson of Syracuse, NY.  The family would like to send a special thank you to his roommate and friend Al Corey at Franklin County Rehab.
Richard was predeceased by his wife Phyllis on May 1, 2010 and his brothers Conrad, Fred, Albert Jr. and Roger Brandt.
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19, we are unable to have public visiting hours or a funeral service.  They will be held at a later date.
Burial will be in the family lot in the Mount Calvary Cemetery in St. Albans.
Online condolences photos and favorite memories may be made to www.minorfh.com
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Trust Fund.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: