Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:05:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 COVID-19 recess week 4
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 COVID-19 recess week 4  ( 1474 )
Barbara
: 270

« : April 10, 2020, 03:14:43 PM »

The work of the House continues to be conducted through the electronic platforms of ZOOM and streamed live over YouTube. The Committee agendas are available on the Legislature’s website https://legislature.vermont.gov and provide a link to the live stream or recorded meetings. The fiscal forecasts that were used to generate the FY21 budget have been downgraded and the crisis has compounded critical need. Every committee is adjusting and amending their legislation from earlier in the session to respond to the current crisis climate.   
Information provided to the Transportation Committee from a member of the Joint Fiscal Office highlighted the FY20 revenue impact due to COVID-19 which is currently projected to be $45M less than anticipated. This is the impact on the current year. The revenues for FY21 are expected to be lower than originally forecast as well. In response the Agency of Transportation has provided recommended changes to H.492, the T-Bill. The Senate Transportation committee is doing similar work on S.339, the DMV Bill. The Department of Motor Vehicles has opened a program to offer online license renewal and with House and Senate approval will offer a 60 day extension on vehicle inspections.
The State Treasurer testified to the Ways and Means committee Friday morning. Vermont will receive $1.25B for increased expenditures related to COVID-19 but these monies are not to replace lost revenue. Language was drafted that would grant authority for interfund borrowing within a window of time that extends 45 business days either side of the end of  FY2020. Interfund borrowing is the most efficient and easiest to implement fiscal tool and is at no additional cost to the taxpayer. Like any loan this must be paid back.
A press release from the Department of Labor offers instructions for accessing the Unemployment Insurance center. The details are available on their website https://labor.vermont.gov.  They contain guidelines for an alphabetized system for applicants calls with  Mon A-E, Tues F-L, Wed M-R, Thurs S-Z and open to all on Friday and Saturday. The intent is to make it easier to reach the office. 
Earlier this week Governor Scott’s request for federal disaster funds to provide assistance to Vermont in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic was approved by the President. This will provide 75% reimbursement to state and local governments and some non-profits for emergency measures. More detail is available at the official website  https://vem.vermont.gov/covid19/disaster In his press conference Friday the Governor extended Vermont’s State of Emergency and the ‘Stay Home, Stay Safe’ order to May 15th.
I offer my deep gratitude to each and every one of you who are being cautious in contact but taking care of and serving our community. I can be contacted at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545
« : April 11, 2020, 07:04:38 AM Barbara »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: