Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:40:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 week 6
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 week 6  ( 2416 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 14, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »

Friday the House celebrated and said goodbye to the first of the three groups of Pages who will serve in the State House this session. The Colors were presented, and the Pledge of Allegiance led by members of the 2019 class of Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scouts before Rep Christie sang the National Anthem for the day’s devotion. H.C.R.243 was read honoring the sixty-five Vermont Scouts who achieved the rank of Eagle Scout in 2019.

Wednesday Floor saw several bills passed on third reading to the Senate. They included; H.1 an act relating to agreements not to compete, H.608 an act relating to incompatible local offices, H.722 an act relating to Department of Libraries and H.793 an act relating to the powers and duties of the Auditor of Accounts. There was floor discussion, and a few agreed to amendments during Tuesday’s second read of these bills, but they all passed on voice support without further dialogue.

The Transportation Committee took testimony on medium and long term AOT IT projects to better understand the masterplan of the separate projects in the budget. Testimony was also taken on language in the Transportation bill, supplemental guide signs to direct travelers to state airport and rail facilities, EVs and their infrastructure, work zone safety and TDM (Transportation Demand Management). TDM can be a benefit for both employers and employees as it reduces the single vehicle costs such as parking and infrastructure. The Go!Vermont website can be used to assist in transit planning.  https://www.connectingcommuters.org/

Thursday was the Vermont League of Cities and Towns municipal day in the State House and Transportation committees of both House and Senate hosted the annual public hearing that many municipal officials attended. Fairfax lister, and 2019 Lister of the Year Pat McNall attended and in an aside asked about the 104A bridge project scheduled for this summer. The road is expected to be closed for 45 days not to commence until the end of the school year.  The following link is for information on the project http://www.aot.state.vt.us/FactSheet/default.aspx?pin=18B265  Several municipal officials  took the opportunity to share their concerns on issues ranging from the impact of stormwater regulations, storm damage expenses, funding for the real cost of projects and road repair as well as offer support for the completion of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail and the way VTrans partners with local government.

For more information or to contact me please email me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or call 802-849-6545 or mail to 7 Lily Rd Fairfax VT 05454. The Sergeant at Arms at the State House will also relay messages.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: