Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:54:23 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2020 week 4
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2020 week 4  ( 1413 )
Barbara
: 270

« : January 31, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »

House Floor action this week included numerous Concurrent Resolutions, H 606, an act relating to regulating storage units which moved to the Senate and H103, an act relating to appointing town agents which moved to the Governor with the Senate’s amendment that updates the effective date. Some of the resolutions are read in their entirety, usually if an agent of or the person being honored is present. Every Thursday an Addendum to the calendar provides the text of all the resolutions that are automatically accepted for adoption unless a Member requests floor consideration before the end of Friday’s legislative session.

Many of the Franklin County delegation had lunch with Dr Von Lepel and Pamela Parsons, Executive Director of northern Tier Center for Health (NOTCH) who came to the State House Tuesday. The cafeteria has been a busy place much of the week with large groups in the State House to testify before committees or to staff displays in the public areas. A few spaces that are made available for this purpose and coordinated by the Sargent at Arms include the hallway outside the cafeteria and the “Card Room”.

The Transportation committee continued to hear overviews of programs that are contained in the proposed FY2021 budget request. Testimony was given by representatives from the Vermont League of Cities and Towns who presented funding concerns for transportation needs faced by municipalities. Many committee members have as a priority maximizing financial support to the local municipalities as well as funding shared resources through the Regional Planning Commissions and the Highway Maintenance Districts.

Testimony was heard on electric vehicle incentive programs implemented through last year’s T-Bill and on different funding sources as the gas tax becomes less able to support Vermont’s transportation infrastructure. Examples of funding ideas that have been offered are how to equitably tax the electricity that would equal a gallon of gas, taxing miles traveled and increased registration fees. The Senior Environmental Policy Manager with the Agency of Transportation testified to the committee on four components of the FY 2021 Electric Vehicle Adoption Investments. These include continued funding of the statewide EV incentive program that launched December 16, 2019, education and outreach of plug-in electric vehicles to the public, a new incentive for the auto dealers to prioritize the sales of electric vehicles and additional charging infrastructure to bring the State closer to the goal of a charging station within 30 miles of every Vermonter.

For more information or to contact me please email me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or call 802-849-6545 or mail to 7 Lily Rd Fairfax VT 05454. The Sergeant at Arms at the State House will also relay messages.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: