Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Joyce Cootware Lamphere dies of Lyme disease complications
« previous next »
: [1]
: Joyce Cootware Lamphere dies of Lyme disease complications  ( 2423 )
ssweet
: 293

« : April 30, 2019, 07:36:53 AM »

The family lived in Fairfax for a long time.

On April 26, 2019, Joyce C. Lamphere passed away at her home after a long battle with Neurological Lyme Disease.

She is survived by her husband Dolor Lamphere; her son Schuyler and his wife Aliza and grandson
Brennan; her daughter Bailey and her fiancé Marty Rabtoy and his sons Isaac, Tripp, and Maddox; her
mother Margaret (Peterson) Cootware; her siblings J. David Cootware (Susan), Diane Schwarm (Ron), Barbara Lehouiller (George), Janet Mazzola (Bob), Brenda Edwards (Tom), Rick Cootware, Tracey Hunt (Palmer), Jennifer Cary (Alan); her closest friends Marlene Corse and Candace Pratt; many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.

She is predeceased by her father William H. Cootware; her brothers Paul Cootware and William J.
Cootware.

Joyce worked for 33 years as a software engineer. In her retirement, she found great joy in being a driving force in their family sugaring business. She was deemed the “headlamp warrior” - always the last one out of the woods for the day; And nicknamed “Dynamite” (exciting, wonderful, and unpredictable) by her dad.

Joyce loved playing hockey with her partner-in-crime, Diane, gardening into the wee hours (also via headlamp), and spending time with her friends and family on the back deck. She was a gifted seamstress, a skill handed down to her by her mother, which came in handy when creating one of her many gag-gifts. She instilled in those around her the ability to have fun in most any situation. Her kind, selfless nature was felt by many, as she always found time to care for those in need, and never ceased to find the good in all.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joyce’s memory can be made to Sojourns Community Health Clinic, 4923 US Rte 5, Westminster, VT 05158, as it was her wish to raise awareness on the seriousness of Lyme Disease and to help others in their battles.

Visiting hours will be held Friday, May 3rd at A.W. Rich Funeral Home in Fairfax from 5-8pm. Joyce’s internment will be a private family service at the Binghamville Cemetery. A celebration of Joyce’s life will be held on Saturday, June 8th, 2019 at Fletcher Elementary School from 1pm to 4pm.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: