Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:19:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert (Bob) Champman dies BFA Class of 1952
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert (Bob) Champman dies BFA Class of 1952  ( 2845 )
ssweet
: 293

« : February 16, 2019, 09:00:28 AM »

Robert Chapman

Buzzards Bay, MA - Robert Chapman, age 85 years, of Buzzards Bay died on January 21st, 2019 of natural causes. He was husband to Suzanne (Bevins) Chapman and son of the late Donald and Aleita (Foss) Chapman of Plainville, CT. Born on August 18, 1933 in Burlington, VT. Robert lived in Burlington through his early childhood and then moved to Plainville, CT with his late parents, late brother Donald Chapman Jr. and his late sister Carrol (Chapman) Wazorko. Robert joined the Army and was active duty during the Korean War. After serving he went on to graduate from the University of Vermont where he met his soon to be wife Suzanne. Robert and his bride moved to Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts and he landed a teaching job at the brand new West Bridgewater HS as Chemistry and Physics teacher and also a coach of a variety of sports in his 34 years at the school. Robert was able to summer (since 1963) at his Cottage in West Swanton, VT, where he enjoyed water skiing, gardening, playing horseshoes, mowing his lawn and playing clarinet in the Fairfax town band with his wife Suzanne. Robert was an avid sports player, making it to the AA farm team for the Brooklyn Dodgers, is a member of the Horse pitchers Hall of Fame in VT and was an active member of the Basketball referring Board in MA for over 40 years, retiring at 78. Robert also enjoyed entertaining (magic tricks and brain teasers) for young and old, creating legendary Treasure Hunts for his grandchildren and playing Ping Pong and chess. Besides his loving wife Suzanne, he is survived by his children, Laura (Chapman) Allison, her husband David and their three children, Casandra, Jason and Oliver of Greenland, NH and his son John Chapman, his wife Amy and their two children Hunter and Thomas of Plymouth, MA. Robert is also survived by many nieces, nephews, brother/sisters-in-law and cousins whose lives he impacted through the years. Robert touched so many lives throughout his 85 years and will be missed but will always stay close to our hearts. Arrangements: Private Family Event. For more information, or to sign the online guest book, please visit www.cartmelldavis.com.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: