Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:08:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2019 week 7
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2019 week 7  ( 2031 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 22, 2019, 04:22:19 PM »

The floor debate on H. 57, an act relating to preserving the right to abortion engaged the members of the House Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and encompassed fourteen roll call votes in total. The votes on the amendments reflected Representatives efforts to amend the proposed language but in the final vote the bill was as proposed by the House Committee on Human Services as amended by House Judiciary. The current version is available on the Legislature website identified as “as passed by the House” under a search for H. 57: https://legislature.vermont.gov/bill/status/2020/H.57
Before Wednesday’s floor action the General Assembly met in the morning to act on J.R.S. 10., Joint resolution providing for the election of a Sergeant at Arms, an Adjutant and Inspector General, and three Trustees of the University of Vermont and State Agricultural College. The only office with a contest was that for Adjutant and Inspector General for a term of two years. This required the voting to be done by written ballot, with the four names placed in nomination and on the ballot for the office being David P. Baczewski of Westford, David B. Graham of Grand Isle, Rosanne Greco of South Burlington and Gregory C. Knight of Huntington. Gregory C, Knight won the election with ninety-five votes, six more than the necessary majority required. The current Sergeant at Arms, Janet C. Miller of Montpelier was unanimously re-elected to that position, and Rep. Kevin Christie of Hartford, Rep. Carol Ode of Burlington, and Rep Samuel Young of Greensboro were elected to serve as Trustees of the University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, on voice vote.

The House Transportation Committee reviewed requests that affect the Appropriations bill as well as details of the T-bill. Testimony was heard on topics such as the State’s paving needs and maintenance district as well as the Zero Emission Vehicle and Electric Vehicle incentive program and a potential commuter rail service using equipment owned by AllEarth Rail. The committee has been working on several sections of the T-bill over the past several weeks but Friday it began a methodical review of the bill starting at section one with both legal and joint fiscal counsel guidance.

Please continue to contact me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us, 802-849-6545 or through the Sergeant at Arms office at the State House 802-828-2228
: [1]  
« previous next »
: