Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:24:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2019 week 4
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2019 week 4  ( 3008 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 01, 2019, 02:59:07 PM »

Tuesday morning, the Appropriations Committee presented a Caucus of the Whole on the House Floor. Highlights of the proposed FY19 budget adjustment were explained. Two adjustments are a transfer of about $1.9 million into the 27/53 reserve and permission to make a transfer under certain restrictions of up to $2.5 million in Transportation fund appropriations for overall costs of highway maintenance during fiscal year 2019. The latter transfer will take place, if needed, in June of 2019 and has been used in past years to assist with the unpredictable nature of these costs. The 27/53 reserve was instituted in 2015 to plan for the additional payroll period and week of Medicaid payments that occurs periodically. The third reading of H. 97, the fiscal year 2019 budget adjustment passed unanimously on a roll call vote Thursday.
Two more bills were passed on roll call votes during Friday’s House action. H. 3 entitled an act relating to ethnic and social equity studies standards for public schools passed unanimously. The bill establishes the Ethnic and Social Equity Standards Advisory Working Group to review standards for student performance and “recommend to the State Board updates and additional standards to recognize fully the history, contributions, and perspectives of ethnic groups and social groups”. H. 47 entitled an act relating to the taxation of electronic cigarettes passed on a vote of 134 to 6 after the failure of an amendment that would have left untaxed the delivery device sold separately for use with a tobacco substitute.
Within the Transportation committee this week, testimony was presented by fellow legislators who are the key sponsors of bills that have been assigned to Transportation. Not every bill will progress beyond an original hearing, but it is the direction of the Chair that each one will be allowed this opportunity. The topics that were touched on with the few that have been heard included primary enforcement of adult safety belt law, removal of snow and ice from vehicles operated on public highways, the enforcement of motor vehicle registration laws and the Volkswagen diesel litigation settlement monies.
Testimony was received from members of the Agency of Transportation giving a high-level overview of the FY2020 Transportation budget. The budget and accompanying policy language that together make up the T-bill will drive the work of the Committee for the next several weeks.
 I close with my lasting regards for the contributions made to the Fairfax community by our beloved VTGrandpa aka Henry Andrew Raymond (11/24/1933 to 1/28/2019)
 “Whereas, as one Fairfax town official has stated through his forum (website), Henry Raymond “not only portrays a sense of humor, but a contentment with who he is, what he has, and how thankful and grateful he feels for the life he’s had,” and
Whereas, every Vermont town should be so lucky to have its own Henry Raymond, now therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives:
That the General Assembly honors Henry Andrew Raymond for his tireless community service in the town of Fairfax”                                                                                                    Resolution HCR226 session 2007-2008
woodstoves2
: 46

« #1 : February 04, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »

Thank you, Barbara, for arranging much-deserved recognition of Henry. And, of course, for all your work in our behalf.
Barbara
: 270

« #2 : February 08, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »

The credit goes to our delegation who put this through in the 2007-2008 session. I was quoting a portion of the resolution they had drafted for him. Our community was blessed by his presence.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: