Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Father Of Terri Dunn Passes Away At Age 84
« previous next »
: [1]
: Father Of Terri Dunn Passes Away At Age 84  ( 2367 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 11, 2018, 07:54:19 AM »

James Melvin Dunn

Colchester, VT - James Melvin Dunn passed away Wednesday November 7, 2018 in Colchester, VT. He was born in North Troy, Vt, November 21, 1934, the son of the late Melvin and Mary (Duffy) Dunn.

Jim was a graduate of North Troy High School. He joined the Army in 1951, where he served with the 11th Airborne Division, 508 Regimental Combat Team and 187 Regimental Combat Team during the Korean Conflict. After returning home, he joined the Vermont National Guard where he remained active for 32 years before retiring as Lieutenant Colonel.

While a member of the Guard, he served in many positions. Much of his time was spent with the 1st Bn 172 Armor. He became Commander in 1980.

In 2001, Jim became Commander of the Vermont State Guard where he had many successful accomplishments.

Jim also served as a village trustee in Alburgh, VT. for many years, along with serving on the Board of Directors at Enosburgh Falls County Club in Vt.

He was also a lifetime member of the American Legion, Green Mountain Post 1, St. Albans, Vt.

Jim was a partner and Vice President of Omega Electric Company for 30 years. During that time, he was very proud of the young men and women he introduced to the electrical trade.

In addition to his wife Barbara, Mr. Dunn leaves two sons, Dennis(Cheryl) of Alburgh, Vt. and Robert of Burlington, Vt., 3 daughters Sheryl (Ron) of Poultny, Vt., Terri of Fairfax Vt., and Judy of St. Albans, Vt.

Two stepdaughters, Tammy( Joe) Coryea of Peru, NY and Carol(Matt) Andre of Saranac, NY. Also surviving Jim are several grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.

Jim was predeceased by his sisters Fratia Marsh and Lois Guyette and a brother, Andrew.

Jim liked to spend his winters in Florida with his loving wife. He enjoyed playing golf with his buddies.

In accordance with Jim's wishes, there will be no calling hours. A private graveside service will be held at St. John the Baptist Cemetery in Keeseville NY.

Arrangements have been entrusted to Heald Funeral Home, 48 Court Street, Plattsburgh, NY

To light a memorial candle or leave an online condolence please visit www.healdfuneralhomeinc.com
Published in The Burlington Free Press on Nov. 9, 2018

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: