Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Unapproved Minutes FCL Trustees 10/18 meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Unapproved Minutes FCL Trustees 10/18 meeting  ( 2188 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : October 23, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »

Unapproved Minutes
FCL Trustees’ Meeting
October 18, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 6:30. Present were: Pat Gallant, Liz Griffin, Christina Fearon, Eric Foreman, Ellen Holmes-Henry.

There was neither correspondence nor public input.

The minutes of the previous trustees’ meeting were reviewed and approved after a motion to approve by Ellen.

Ellen raised several points.  Should the library have a ‘nut-free zone’ sign?  Should there be a policy concerning allergy provoking foods in the library space?

She had several thoughts regarding the expansive library windows. She wondered if a bullet proof film could be applied to the windows   what the cost of installation would be.  Or, could several of the windows be covered totally  to reduce the number available for access. Remotely controlled blinds was mentioned  at the Joint Board meeting and was reviewed.

On another note she  acknowledged  having a library item overdue for a long time and was impressed that she received a letter reminding her of her lapse. 

At 6:45 the trustees went into executive session to discuss personnel and budgetary concerns regarding personnel.
The trustees came out of executive session at 8:15.

The trustees selected three qualified candidates from the pool of applicants to call for interviews.  Liz and Ellen, along with John Tague and Brad Ducheff will conduct these initial  interviews.  For the next step, all Trustees will interview the final candidate(s) and make the final decision.  Trustees will submit possible interview questions to Chris. John and Brad and Joy Mercer  will be asked for their input in regard to the interview questions.  Chris will collate the questions and distribute them to the interviewers. Interviews will be held within the next three weeks, with a decision to be made mid-November.

Eric presented a  draft of the 2019-2020 budget for the trustees review, which was discussed and modified as a first draft.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:20.

Respectfully submitted

Elizabeth Griffin, Secretary
« : November 10, 2018, 10:21:33 AM Rev. Elizabeth »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: