Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:19:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Lorraine (Boutin) Garland Dies At Age 67
« previous next »
: [1]
: Lorraine (Boutin) Garland Dies At Age 67  ( 3048 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 31, 2018, 10:56:33 AM »

Mrs. Lorraine J. Garland, age 67, passed away unexpectedly Thursday, August 30, 2018 at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She was born in Pittsfield, MA, December 23, 1950, daughter of the late Donald and Isabel (Larche) Boutin. On November 21, 1970, she married Michael Garland. Lorraine worked in many different capacities in her life, to include a computer programmer for business software, and as an elementary school teacher. Her enjoyments included going to flea markets, garage sales, making jewelry, traveling, and most important to her was spending time with her grandchildren and her puppy Gypsy.

Lorraine is survived by children, Dana Wesson and husband Scott Wesson of Waterville, and Regan Perry of Fairfax, 5 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren, her brothers Kenneth Boutin and wife Melanie of Georgia; John Boutin and wife Marivic of Virginia Beach, VA; Neal Boutin and wife Cathy of Merritt Island, FL; Alan Boutin of Fairfax; her sisters Joan Sparks and husband Robert of Fairfax; Pauline Boutin of St Albans; Pamela Vecchitto and husband Bill of Lakewood, WA; Patricia Merritt and husband Wade of Fairfax; and Mary Combs and husband Orval of Fairfax. She also leaves her brother-in-law Brian Garland and his wife Beth of Georgia, and sister-in-law Sandra Cimorelli of Hoosick Falls, NY. She was predeceased by her parents, her husband Michael Garland, her brother Robert Boutin, her son-in-law Robbie Perry, her brother-in-law John Garland, and her sister-in-law Susan (Garland) Raine.

A Funeral Service of Christian Burial will be held Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 11:00 AM in the Brady & Levesque Funeral Chapel. The family will receive condolences from 10:00 AM until the time of the service. Interment will follow in the Garland family lot in Greenwood Cemetery. As an alternative to flowers, memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495. Arrangements are entrusted to the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home, where online condolences and memories may be shared at: www.bradyandlevesque.com

« : August 31, 2018, 10:59:25 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 31, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »

My sympathy goes out to the many members of the Boutin Family on the death of their oldest child.  This past week they came to mind when I was reading the article in the Burlington Free Press about St. Joseph’s Orphanage.  Lorrane’s father Donald, along with his siblings became a resident of that Orphanage when his birth mother died and his father Philbert was unable to take care of them.  Philbert later married my grandfather’s sister and when he did took his whole family back to their home.  I remember my parents telling me that this was an extremely happy day for the Boutin family when that happened.. The Boutin Family moved here to Fairfax in 1954, a few years after Lorraine was born and the family remained here until both parents died and their home near the Old St. Luke’s Church was sold.  To my knowledge, Robert’s widow is the only one who has a home here in Fairfax now.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: