Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:18:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Current Use Program Annual Filing Requirement
« previous next »
: [1]
: Current Use Program Annual Filing Requirement  ( 1856 )
Barbara
: 270

« : August 06, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »

Anyone who owns land in the Current Use program or is contemplating applying for Current Use status should be aware of the filing timelines of the VT Tax Department.

Property owners who want to enroll in the Current Use program can do so online at http://tax.vermont.gov/property-owners/current-use.  The application has to be submitted by September 1, 2018, for the 2019 tax year.

Agricultural property owners who are already enrolled are required to submit Form CU-313 annually by November 1 in order to maintain their status. These forms are mailed to enrolled property owners by the Tax Department in September.  The annual filing requirement applies to agricultural land only.  Forest management land is required to file every 10 years.

Since the annual filing requirement was established in 2015, several owners throughout the state missed filing and were dropped from the CU rolls this year, causing their property taxes to increase substantially.  Because of this, the Tax Department accepted appeals of the change in status last month.  Those who appealed were allowed an additional 30 days to file Form CU-313 to be re-enrolled and qualify for the tax relief this year.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: