Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:03:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bob Bessette's Aunt Dies At Age 96
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bob Bessette's Aunt Dies At Age 96  ( 1905 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 25, 2018, 08:00:26 AM »

Rose M. (Desrosiers) Bourgeois

New Bedford, MA - Rose M. (Desrosiers) Bourgeois, 96, formerly of Burlington, VT and lately of Dartmouth passed away Friday, July 20, 2018 in the Oaks of New Bedford, MA. She was the wife of the late Ernest Bourgeois, Sr. with whom she shared 59 years of marriage.

Born in Burlington, VT the daughter of the late Philibert and Andronique (Duhaime) Desrosiers she lived most of her life there before coming to Dartmouth. She was a communicant of St. Anthony's Church in VT and St. Julie Billiart Parish in MA.

Mrs. Bourgeois attended St. Anthony's Catholic School. She later worked for Woolen Mill, Bell Aircraft in Burlington, and retired from IBM in Essex Junction, VT. Rose was active in the Cursillo Movement in Vermont, St. Anthony's Christmas Bazaar, St. Anthony's Minstrels, and St. Anthony's Choir.

She is survived by a son Ernest J. Bourgeois, Jr. and his wife Kristine of Dartmouth; two grandsons, Michel P. Gorman of Dartmouth and Geoffrey P. Gorman of Westminster, CO; a great granddaughter, Violet Harper Gorman; and several nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late Lionel Desrosiers, Charlie Desrosiers, and Emile Desrosiers.

Visiting hours will be held on Thursday, July 26, from 9am to 10:30am at the Ready Funeral Home South Chapel, 261 Shelburne Rd. Burlington; followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 11am in St. Anthony Church, 305 Flynn Ave. Burlington. Burial will follow in New Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Plattsburgh Ave. Burlington.

Memorial contributions in her memory may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 309 Waverly Oaks Rd., Waltham, MA 02452 or www.alzmass.org or the Dartmouth Senior Social Day Program, 628 Dartmouth St., Dartmouth, MA 02748. To send online condolences to her family please visit www.readyfuneral.com

Published in The Burlington Free Press on July 24, 2018

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: