Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:13:23 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  John Gideon Kirkpatrick Dies At Age 58
« previous next »
: [1]
: John Gideon Kirkpatrick Dies At Age 58  ( 2002 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 28, 2018, 12:34:11 PM »

Fairfax - John Gideon Kirkpatrick, age 58, of Fairfax VT, died on June 27, 2018, at home with his family at his side.

He leaves behind his wife, Eda, and their two teenage children, Michael and Lillian; his father, John W. Kirkpatrick and his wife Joyce of Plattsburgh, NY; his sister Elizabeth Ann Clauson, her husband Cliff, and two nieces, Sarah and Rachel, all of East Hartford, CT.

John was born on February 11, 1960, in Glens Falls, NY. He moved to Vermont and started his lifelong career in the Air National Guard in 1980 where he proudly served his country for 38 years. His favorite winter pastime was snowboarding, which he took up when he was 25 years old. Eda fell in love with him on the ski slopes, when she took a snowboarding class and he was her instructor. In warmer weather, John enjoyed maintaining and improving his house and property, as well as camping and traveling with his family. He also served as a Scout Leader for Troop 853 in Fairfax, VT and helped coach lacrosse and soccer. With his family, he traveled to many places including Italy, Germany, Florida, British Columbia, and the Maine coast. He is remembered fondly as a generous and welcoming host at family gatherings. But most of all, his loved ones will remember him tearing up the slopes in a cloud of white snow, descending with controlled speed and grace, into the crisp blue and white winter afternoon.

In lieu of flowers, please consider supporting the Melanoma Research Foundation. Donations may be mailed to: Melanoma Research Foundation, P.O. Box 759329, Baltimore, MD 21275-9329. Or use this online link: https://www.melanoma.org/get-involved/support-the-mrf

Arrangements are in the care of the Cremation Society of Chittenden County. To send online condolences to his family please visit www.cremationsocietycc.com.

Published in The Burlington Free Press on June 28, 2018

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: